Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 months until Christmas everyone! 8 months until Christmas! :hyper April's song has been posted in Post #2. We're going untraditional and fun this month! I can't wait to see what you think! :D

:sun ............ Good Morning all!!!

how is everyone this fine cool March morning?

Well..... I didnt get the project I had really intended to get done ... done... but I did manage to get a cute little/very useful project done for the month of March. :hook

My 13yr old is into every sport he can get into! A few times he has come close to losing one or both of his contact lens. Football.. Basketball.. Wrestling... Track... Baseball.... :whew you see the deal? LOL

so... I have been carrying a set of his lens around with me just in case.

I finally took the time to make a little pouch for them so the package doesnt get punctured or they just get lost.

post-18634-135897516329_thumb.jpg

Well, here's the pic of progress on the twin nieces' ghans. Sara's is dark country blue and off white. Sasha's is soft pink and chocolate brown. The yarn is Caron's Simply Soft. The pattern is from a Herrschnerr's afghan book. I got it when I bought the "Mrs. Claus" afghan kit, which I made for my SIL last year. Then her twins saw it, and wanted their own.

Wow..................those are beautiful!!!

my "tannenbaum" scarf complete with"unchanging leaves"er--- pattern:P

That is just lovely!!!!

you did a great job!

8 months until Christmas everyone! 8 months until Christmas! :hype April's song has been posted in Post #2. We're going untraditional and fun this month! I can't wait to see what you think! :D

:yay........... on to the next fun song!

I have a few ideas already for this one!

Thanks Colleen :hug

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897516312_thumb.jpg

Great choice for April's song. What possibilities! It made me laugh because I have a holiday snow lady who "sings" Santa Baby while she's swaying her "hips" & swinging a strand of snowflake lights. I call her (less than) Lily White. I hate to put her away each year.

Tam, what a neat idea!! :yes

Colleen, excellent song choice! This one will be fun! (Not that the others haven't, but...oh, you know what I mean! :lol)

Wanted to check in. I've been rather busy lately with my daughter's b-day and all so I've barely had time to lurk around here...lol. Anyway, I have finished all but one piece of my sweater for our March song. I'm hoping to get the hood done tonight or tomorrow and get it all sewn together over the weekend. I'm debating on adding a pocket or pockets to the sweater, but haven't decided yet. I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

I hope everyone else is having fun and getting their projects finished! :hug

Tam - I like your contact lense pouch! Great idea and what a pretty green.

Great choice for April's song. What possibilities! It made me laugh because I have a holiday snow lady who "sings" Santa Baby while she's swaying her "hips" & swinging a strand of snowflake lights. I call her (less than) Lily White. I hate to put her away each year.

I love the sound of your holiday snow lady. What fun! You should get her out for the month of April :lol

Wanted to check in. I've been rather busy lately with my daughter's b-day and all so I've barely had time to lurk around here...lol. Anyway, I have finished all but one piece of my sweater for our March song. I'm hoping to get the hood done tonight or tomorrow and get it all sewn together over the weekend. I'm debating on adding a pocket or pockets to the sweater, but haven't decided yet. I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.

I hope everyone else is having fun and getting their projects finished! :hug

Hi Braxi! Looking forward to seeing your sweater!

Joanne - I love your yarn jacket! WTG making something for yourself.

Oh, I love April's choice!! It's just what I need after doing only charity through Lent! I'm off to find a pattern for ME!!

:woo

I got my sweater finished last night! Here's the pics...I hate pictures of myself. :( This sweater makes me look huge, maybe I should've made one size smaller.

post-21933-135897517605_thumb.jpg

post-21933-135897517599_thumb.jpg

:woo

I got my sweater finished last night! Here's the pics...I had pictures of myself. :( This sweater makes me look huge, maybe I should've made one size smaller.

[ATTACH]18610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]18611[/ATTACH]

Love the sweater. And your background makes me homesick for my neck of the woods in Ohio.

Tam- I love your contacts case! What a novel idea!!

Joanne- Your jar jacket makes me :U!

Braxxi- Your sweater is amazing! Beautiul color, and you look so warm and cozy in it!

I think I've decided on my April project. I'm going to make myself an Advent calendar. Attic24's was my inspiration, and she used the star pattern from The Royal Sisters.

:sun............... Good Morning.........

How is everyone this find Tuesday?

I have several things I want to spend a little time on today. I have a shawl I would love to get a few rows knitted on... I have a few dishcloths I need to make for gifts... I have blanket squares to work on ... and and and ..... :) All this in the middle of daily house work!

Joanne............. love your jar cover............ its so cheery!

Braxxi.............. wow.. .what an awesome sweater! you did a great job and it looks wonderful on you!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my contact lens case. :hook

:heart

:mug

Thanks for all the great comments on my sweater.:) I think I'm going to make another one for April in worsted weight yarn with a smaller hook.:lol I really like the one I've already made for hanging around the farm on cool nights and mornings, but I want to make a better fitting one for wearing when I go places.:blush

Shannon- the advent calendar sounds great!

Braxxi- can't wait to see the next one! I've never attempted a sweater yet and yours came out great!

I've asked my DD's to save their jars for me- I'll be making a few more of the jar jackets in April for my co-workers desks!

I feel like I'm a month behind, but it's still March, right? I finished the squares for my SIL, but when I tried to sew all the squares I've made so far together, I found that one of the old ones had too many stitches. :think I wonder why I couldn't sew them together correctly before? :think So I frogged and fixed it. I still need to sew squares together today, but that's my crochet project for the day. I will be very happy if I get it done.

:thair

It appears that minoring in math in college was not enough to teach me to count. I went through all my completed squares, and found 4 that aren't right. Now I'm working on fixing them. 2 down, 2 to go.

Maybe I'll get to sew them together today.... Doesn't look good for the home team. Too many other things need to get done.

Archived