Debi Y

Erica's hat

17 posts in this topic

**Erica's hat**

Materials:

- approximately 3 oz. worsted weight yarn (I used RHSS)

- size I crochet hook

Size: 7 3/4" from top to bottom

Notes:

- I crochet tight so you may want to adjust the size of the crochet hook

- ch 2 at beginning of rnds does not count as a st.

- fp dc = front post dc

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with a sl st to 1st dc. (12 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around. Join as before. (24 dc)

Rnd 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, fp dc around next dc. *2 dc in next dc, fp dc around next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Rnd 4: Ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, dc in next dc, fp dc around next dc. *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc, fp dc around next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Rnd 5: Ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, dc in next 2 dc, fp dc around next dc. *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc, fp dc around next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Rnd 6: Ch 2, 2 dc in 1st dc, dc in next 3 dc, fp dc around next dc. *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 3 dc, fp dc around next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Rnds 7 - 17: Ch 2, dc in 1st dc, dc in next 4 dc, fp dc around next dc. *Dc in next 5 dc, fp dc around next dc. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Rnd 18: Ch 1, sc in 1st dc. Sc in each dc around. Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnd 19: Ch 1, reverse sc in each sc around. Join with a sl st to 1st reverse sc. End off.

**designed by Debi Y.**

post-1020-135897488404_thumb.jpg

I really like your hat. I'm going to have to make one up. I make and donate hats to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters and they will love this one. Thanks for sharing.

I love your hat. I am going to make several up to give to the Children's Inn here at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Thanks again.

OH!!! I really like that! It would be great for guys or girls!!! And it's easy enough for a charity contribution! Thank you so much!

Very nice Debi! You have done it again:) I have made one but don't have a pic as of yet.

Thank you for sharing with everyone.

Very nice. What does it measure side to side? Definitely going to make.

Thanks.

bailey

that is one cute hat I might have to try and make one of those in the coming new year

I saw a girl in the movie theater just three days ago who was wearing a hat like this, with the raised ribs. I thought it was unusual, and was wondering how to make a hat like it, and now here's the pattern! Excellent!