Sometimes you just need to admit defeat and

...start over :sigh

I started a filet blankie from a ballerina chart on the net. I am doing 4 iterations of the chart/flipped chart so that it is over 200 stitches. :dreaming

As I was working at the end of row 2, I remembered that I should have been using EDC but I was already invested in all that effort so I just kept going.

You know how this ends right? At row 8, I have to admit that it is a waste of effort at this point as the image is lost in my squashed stitches so NOW I get to rip out 8 rows instead of 2. :cry

I know this will be worth it in the end but it is hard to sit beside a pile of yarn that used to be a blankie. :rofl

One of these days i will engage my brain before I crochet.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this... come on; don't leave me hanging out here alone :scared

:loser I've worked hard to achieve this coveted "L" award this week.

Nope - you're not alone. I'm finally working on an aran ghan. (remember all that thinking about it?) well - I ripped about 12 rows before I finally got it just right.

Sometimes it's just better to put it away and take it back out tomorrow. hugs!

I once worked a gauge swatch about 30 times before I got it right! By then the yarn I was using was practically in shreds. I couldn't afford to keep using new yarn for the swatch because I had pretty much only bought what I needed.

You are certainly not alone. Sometimes I think I've ripped more stitches overall than I've left in finished projects.

I'm working on a filet piece (Antima-cat-ssar) that is about 70 meshes across, so about as many stitches as your project, and have just gotten the rows comprising the cat's face right after 3 tries-once because I decided to redesign the eyes after I did them, then I realized I misread the directions for the nose and mouth. Nice to see you across the frog pond, Darski :waving

Welcome to the club Darski. :devil Yesterday I was 2 rows from finishing a fingerless glove when I realized that I had made 2 right hands not a right and left.:loser

I took it all the way down to the ribbing and now am 1/2 of the way done with the left hand. :sigh

:yes you are not alone, I recently made a sweater for my son and when I went to put it together I realized that I followed the wrong size for the back panel, it was a size too small and nothing lined up, I frogged it and never did end up finishing it... oh did I mention that the yarn I used to make the sweater was from a blanket I frogged because I just couldn't get it to look right???

I had the same problems too patterns I thought read right and found after so many rows it looked wonky to me I end up ripping it out so many times then I just put aside when I could figure it out. Sometimes when I go back to the pattern I realize my mistake wonder why I could not get it right the first time.

I am so sorry that you had to frog 8 rows of 200 stitches each...but sometimes it is necessary...

I've had to do that on a few projects myself to some degree or another.

With filet, I have a particular stitch pattern I like to use so the design shows...it's a 3dc that acts like a 4dc...the very first filet pattern I ever did used that kind of a stitch...of course, at the moment I couldn't tell you exactly how that stitch worked...but we all have our preferences...

And I have done the EDC, which is nice too.

You're not a loser...you'll have a finished project before you know that you'll be proud of.

I'm going through that right this minute! I'm trying to make a Super Mario Mushroom hat for my DS, but even though I've compensated for the slant that happens working in the round, the pattern looks more like The Blob than a mushroom. :angry

I've started twice, changed the graph at least a dozen times, and still can't get it right. I think he's just going to get a plain hat instead. :shrug

I've yet to do a project that I HAVEN'T had to visit the frog pond... purple blanket-- had halfway done then had to start over, and that was done w/ 4 strands at a time, that was one HUGE pile of yarn...

I doubt there's a one of us that hasn't found the inner-frogger within, Darski. You are definitely not the only one in the 'frog pond'; I have a reserved pad there. :frog

I'm the froggin' type, though, that croaks and sputters about the ineptitude of the pattern-writer the entire time(s) I'm rippin', but as RoseRed shared, putting the project down for a bit and then coming back to it usually sheds a new light on things....and that's when I'm often able to see who the true muddler is. :yes

Archived