2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I finally got my crochet groove back:clap:clap

wtd +11 ytd + 138

You sure did! And the way things have been going around here, you may end up with the Golden Medal this week! Good for you!

:manyheart

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I accomplished this week was a baby blanket. WTD +8

Well I would say that was a huge accomplishment if I did a baby blanket it would take me forever because I am such a perfectionist when it comes to my work. :clap:cheergreat job for getting it done

First, the WTD scores:

+11 pineknott gold medal

+8 lhasaapsolady and dragonpuck - tie for silver medal

+5 fc1123 and CLLinda - tie for bronze medal

+2 yarn geek, Desert Crocheter, dilyca2006, PBLKNP

+1 Walker1021

0 Ellie 13, BigPinkPolkDot

-20 gshall, shoot the moon - tag, you're it!

Now for the YTD scores:

+314 lhasaapsolady - Gold Medal

+237 dragonpuck - SilverMedal

+164 quietheart - Honorable mention

+138 pineknott - Bronze Medal

+105 Desert Crocheter - Blue Ribbon

+102 Ellie 13 - Red Ribbon

+21 PBLKNP - White Ribbon

+7 CLLinda - Yellow Ribbon

-6 walker1021

-19 gshall

-39 BigPinkPolkaDot

-51 fc1123

-228 yarn geek - runner up for STM

-248 dilyca2006 - shoot the moon!

Wow - Look at those shoot the moon scores!! My hubby has absolutely forbade my from buying any more yarn until he can see a real difference in my stash:eek

Congrats to the winners!

My husband is out of town right now :devil so I brought home 6 skeins, but needed one to replace a skein I finished. Hey, they are all for Christmas presents, so it's a bargain, right?:D

I was ill all week and we lost a cat on top of it to a sudden illness. So I got no crocheting done at all!

Hope you're feeling better. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat; it's hard to lose those lovable furry friends.:cat:hug

Well, I got a blue ribbon at the fair, and made Shoot the Moon! Can't get any better than that! I will post scores after church on Sunday. Congrats to all the winners!

:blush I made the mistake of going into the Wal-Mart near my work today... It's been awhile since I've been there; they're going through a major remodel/expansion so it's a bit of a pain to shop there. It looks like most of their craft department is going bye-bye like many of the others.:(

Anywho, I encountered the clearanced yarn, and I'll be darned if those $1 skeins didn't just leap into my cart. Added to the measly skein I picked up at work for my wool eater, I'm now -46 for the week so far. I'm guessing I have a lock for Shoot the Moon this week!:lol

Well, I got a blue ribbon at the fair, and made Shoot the Moon! Can't get any better than that! I will post scores after church on Sunday. Congrats to all the winners!

Congratulations on the Blue Ribbon at the Fair!!! That's awesome. What did you make to win it?

:blush I made the mistake of going into the Wal-Mart near my work today... It's been awhile since I've been there; they're going through a major remodel/expansion so it's a bit of a pain to shop there. It looks like most of their craft department is going bye-bye like many of the others.:(

Anywho, I encountered the clearanced yarn, and I'll be darned if those $1 skeins didn't just leap into my cart. Added to the measly skein I picked up at work for my wool eater, I'm now -46 for the week so far. I'm guessing I have a lock for Shoot the Moon this week!:lol

:c9:c9:c9:c9 Sounds simply delightful! Lots of new yarn to play with!!! and such a great deal!:yarn:yarn:yarn:manyheart:yarn:yarn:yarn

Congratulations on the Blue Ribbon at the Fair!!! That's awesome. What did you make to win it?

I made an afghan based on the Ohio Star quilt pattern. I have a thread titled "my fair project" with pictures of it.

Made it for a yellow ribbon for YTD stashbusting! HORRAY! Keep up the good work of using up stash, friends.

:manyheart

Hope you're feeling better. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat; it's hard to lose those lovable furry friends.:cat:hug

Thanks so much, it was a real shocker because she was not one of my old cats (18 and 16), she was only 10 and it was so sudden. But we are recovering while we take care of those still here that keep us busy.

I am finally starting to feel physically better this week and actually used up a few skeins making mittens, Christmas is soon upon us!

Well...I was doing really good - Gave away a bunch of yarn. Then I went to HL and bought five more skeins :blush Didn't want my hubby to get too used to the hole in my yarn closet! :devil

I'm still at +9 for the week, though, so I guess it isn't too bad!

woo hoo!!! I have quite a few skeins coming, but, I think you will still beat me for the shoot the moon award!!!!!!!!!!:lol

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1 / YTD: +5

Let's see...busted a small ball of greenish yellow by doing yo yo's (+1). I've started another charity blanket and I busted a ball of light blue there (plus two yo yos) (+1). BUT I pulled out a big bag of left over lengths (too short to make anything) and put them all together with a weaver's knot that can be cut close. It was mentioned long ago in Talking Crochet. Rolled it into a good sized ball (meant to post a pic, oh well:sigh).

So I gained a ball (-1). Will probably use it on the blanket.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +5 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Archived