2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not sure how to type this I managed to make three different skeins of yarns into balls so -3 for me. I'll count it as a -3 unless there's a better way to count it.

yarn geek, that's a rough work schedule! I'll add you to the list of scores.

Gotta love computerized scheduling! Fortunately, I don't get that kind shift tunover too often (knocks on wood).

I used up a skein of cotton tonight, but I have a feeling I'll end the week in the negatives. Michael's has Sugar 'n Cream on sale for $1 each, and there are a few colors I've been eyeing. Unfortunately, I have this compulsion to purchase colors in pairs- you know, in case one isn't enough. (Also don't like to buy in threes or fives... I like even numbers for certain types of purchases. I'm odd that way.) It's funny, though, I focus more on what the yarn in going to cost me in terms of points rather than dollars these days.:lol

Missed checking in on Saturday as I was out of town. Late arrival home last night, just finished doing some transcription online trying to get caught up but exhausted and have to go to bed. Will post combined score for two weeks this Saturday....did not get much done even though I took a project with me.

Well not sure how to type this I managed to make three different skeins of yarns into balls so -3 for me. I'll count it as a -3 unless there's a better way to count it.

Changing a skein to a ball is a positive, not a negative. Don't count yourself short! You get +3 points!!!

Changing a skein to a ball is a positive, not a negative. Don't count yourself short! You get +3 points!!!

Took me a while to get used to that too. Using up in my head should be negative (less yarn) but it'a a positive here for the CAL

And getting yarn in my head would be a gain (positive) but it's a negative here for this CAL LOL

So I'd get all confused in the beginning.

well bought two skeins of yarn so -4 there for me. Almost bought more yarn because the Joann's by me is getting rid of Red Heart Designer Sport Yarn so now I will have to find it online since Hobby Lobby, and Michael's don't carry that yarn either.

well I did roll a very small skein of yarn into a ball does that count won't count it yet until I know didn't roll the whole skein maybe a quarter of the skein.

I used up two skeins so far, so I'm at a -12. I have to keep going to get that score down!

:manyheart

well bought two skeins of yarn so -4 there for me. Almost bought more yarn because the Joann's by me is getting rid of Red Heart Designer Sport Yarn so now I will have to find it online since Hobby Lobby, and Michael's don't carry that yarn either.

Wow, I wonder if they all are. I love the designer sport - may have to go up to my Joanns to see if it is on sale!

I used up two skeins today at VBS. Three caregivers and one child. Lot's of time to crochet!

So I'm at a -8 and I want to keep going.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -3

Since shooting the moon June 6, I have done no crocheting. All that yarn I got still resides in the bag it came in, stacked on the end of the couch. I look at my hooks and think, I should at least make "inventory" yo-yos (I've been making a yo-yo for each ball and skein I have), but the spirit just isn't moving me. Other extra time is devoted to gardening.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -3 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

well fiance bought me two skeins of I love this cotton from Hobby Lobby -4 well I might be the one with the shoot the moon for this week.

It seems I am going to get my first medal i.e. SHOOT THE MOON :eek

I bought 18 balls of yarn yesterday, and now am trying hard to finish some to keep my total low. But the recent trend shows I am the one to get shoot the moon this week.

It seems I am going to get my first medal i.e. SHOOT THE MOON :eek

I bought 18 balls of yarn yesterday, and now am trying hard to finish some to keep my total low. But the recent trend shows I am the one to get shoot the moon this week.

I'm so glad you bought some yarn! Enjoy it!

I used up a ball, so I'm at a -7 now. And with my crochet group meeting today, I am sure to use up some more. We stitch and chat and I love it!

I finished up two skeins of yarn last night, so after all that, my score is a big, fat

0 for wtd!

It definately took quite an effort to use up 16 points of yarn this week, but I did it!

This afghan is kicking my butt! I just can't seem to finish it or use up any skeins. Could it have something to do with being to tired at night to crochet?? Ho Hum.....

Weekly Score +1

Archived