Alpine Frost Scarf by Amy O'Neill Houck

Roli

Oh, I love this scarf! The photo in Interweave Crochet shows a frothy, airy concoction that looks almost good enough to eat! Alas, I didn't have the correct yarn on hand for this project. I am still trying to work off all that yellow mohair I got from a friend. So as a kind of trial run, I decided to make this scarf for a red-headed friend of mine using the yellow mohair. I'll be ordering the Merino lace to make one for myself!:D

post-2917-135897467971_thumb.jpg

I have some gray merino lace yarn that is screaming to be made into this pattern! I love how yours turned out! Great job!

Yours is coming up very pretty :) Will you be able to block it?

Reason for asking: I am also making this, but halfway through it have realised I pulled the wrong yarn from my stash and it's 100% acrylic :blush It does look pretty, and it feels okay, but I'm disappointed that it won't open up with blocking. I guess I'll just have to make another one :lol

Will you be able to block it?

Laura, my scarf is 28% acrylic. The rest is mohair. You really have to block it to get the shape correct. I washed it in cold water and then rolled it in a towel. Then I laid it out on another towel for two days, shaping it carefully into a true skinny rectangle. It came out great and has kept its shape.

Archived