Crochet Ideas for Boys

I have two boys, and bunches of nephews, between the ages of 3 and 8. Do any of you have ideas for gifts that they would actually LIKE to receive?

I am making doll outfits for my daughter and nieces, but don't have any ideas for the boys. Money is tight this year, so I would rather make than buy something

Ami's of favorite animals or characters.

My son asked for a BRIGHT orange hat and a Phoenix Wright Hat (video game character)

Camo Throws to cuddle up with to watch TV?

Someone, last year, posted patterns for the most adorable Cars that I think a three year old would love!

sock Monkey hats / gloves

:)I know that I have seen a crochet pattern for checkers and checkerboard about the size of a lapghan, and also I have seen twister with a block that you roll, I just can't remember where.:think

I too need help w/ an idea for a 7 YO boy, making his sister a cupcake purse (these are my BIL's step kids I don't see very often). Has to be something quick; I know I could do a hat, but IDK how well that would be received.

My son asked for a blanket when he was about 10. He wanted it to be camouflage. He also liked me making hats for him, even though we live in Florida and it's never really cold enough to wear hats, he still enjoyed them.

The checker boards are really neat actually. I've run across a few patterns for them, free even =)

The August 09 Crochet World has some G I Joe acccessories-tent, sleeping bag, backpack, beret, etc.

I saw that, it was really neat. I wish I would of bought that issue, at the time I was low on funds lol

at Crochet Pattern Central you can check these out

all kinds of animals http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/animals.php

all kinds of different kind of toys http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/toys.php

Amigurumi http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/amigurumi.php

right now I making a kiwi bird of my 15 year old son, it is his favorite animal

I've made a few of the "spiderman" afghans for my stepgrandson and nephews. My stepgrandson's mom tacked the afghan on his wall. My grandson when he was 11 or 12(can't remember), I made him a "Navajo" afghan in his favorite team's colors--the Oakland Raiders(Black, gray and white). I made my son-in-law a RR using RH's green camouflage and black yarn. All were a hit!! :)

I really think that it depends on what they like, I know that there is a pattern to make a bowling set on Ravelry that is really neat and I saw a pattern somewhere for a free penguin bowling set, it is really cute. I think the book is called creepy cute crochet and they have a lot of neat amigirumi in it like little ninjas and robots, your library might have it.

I have a 7 yr old grandson and I also wish I could find something I could make him. I don't think that any of the above items would interest him. I'm always making dolls for my 9 yr old granddaughter. I have made her several sewn dolls that she keeps on her shelf. I just made another one to add to her collection. But I am always at a loss as to what to make for my grandson.

I have a 7 yr old grandson and I also wish I could find something I could make him. I don't think that any of the above items would interest him. I'm always making dolls for my 9 yr old granddaughter. I have made her several sewn dolls that she keeps on her shelf. I just made another one to add to her collection. But I am always at a loss as to what to make for my grandson.

Ask him what he'd like.

Does the 8 yo have an ipod? Maybe an ipod cover would be appreciated. Does he collect any type of trading cards? Maybe you could make a container with or without a lid for the cards (and even include a few of the cards he likes, so he knows the purpose of the container). I personally would make it out of wool and felt it to make it study for the cards. Does the 3 yo old have a bunch of Match Box cars or small Thomas trains? A draw-string pouch (notice I didn't say "purse") made with his favorite colors would be a great place to store the cards when he wants to take them out of the house. A car applique on the outside would make it clear that it's not a purse! Finally, if all else fails, crochet a gift card sleeve and pop a gift card inside. Hope this helps!

I did a glow in the dark white and black spider round ripple for DD. okay she acts more,like a boy than a girl. Also years ago I made a small tent for them to use as a fort on days that were rainy, they could play inside. Also I have made tunnels with large rings and material.

Archived