I have seen the tags for who made it but never washing instructions. I take a labels off the yarn that has instructions and enclose it with what I have crochet or knitted when I give it to someone.

I make my own. Mine are not fabric. I use card stock. I have a rubber stamp that says "Handmade by" _____. I stamp it on the front, and on the back I put the washing instructions and/or fiber content of the item.

I also made my own tags. I designed the "graphic" in "paint" tthat is on the front, then copy and pasted to MS power point (used MS powerpoint b/c easy to move text and graphics around). I print them out on ivory cardstock with purple and green flecks(still have oodles left over my my wedding 2.5 years ago lol), fold in half, cut with crinkle scissors then punch a hole in the upper left hand corner. I tie it to the finished item with pretty ribbon. The center is blank, and that is where I write what item(s) is/are enclosed. When I make things for gifts, I usually write a little note there was well, as i pray for the person that I make the item for. Hope this helps you.

P.S. I have also attached a photo that has a picture of a set packed up with the instructios.

post-19233-135897466055_thumb.jpg

post-19233-135897466059_thumb.jpg

I make mine on business cards. A small photo and little two line poem on the front and yarn/thread content and care instructions on the back. I buy the cards in the printer paper dept. at Wal-Mart or office supply stores. ;)

I also made my own tags. I designed the "graphic" in "paint" tthat is on the front, then copy and pasted to MS power point (used MS powerpoint b/c easy to move text and graphics around). I print them out on ivory cardstock with purple and green flecks(still have oodles left over my my wedding 2.5 years ago lol), fold in half, cut with crinkle scissors then punch a hole in the upper left hand corner. I tie it to the finished item with pretty ribbon. The center is blank, and that is where I write what item(s) is/are enclosed. When I make things for gifts, I usually write a little note there was well, as i pray for the person that I make the item for. Hope this helps you.

P.S. I have also attached a photo that has a picture of a set packed up with the instructios.

I had typed in something under this quote and it disappeared. Erk! I just wanted to say that your cards look FAB, Jessica! Very snazzy!

I have fabric labels that I ordered from an online shop, saying things like "Crocheted with Love" etc. But I've mostly stopped using them as they are so fiddly to sew on, especially trying to sew something tiny onto crochet and not get stuck in the holes between stitches!

These card tags are a lovely idea, I'm going to try it!

Jessica, you never cease to amaze me with your varied artistic skills, those tags are beautifully stylish :clap

I just ordered 250 business cards, w/ my personal message, from vistaprint.com (hope I can say that here), free & just pay shipping ($5.95). I'm planning to punch a hole in the corner & attach w/ yarn or ribbon. I'm not creative enuf to make my own, & they have BUNCHES of designs to choose from.

I just ordered 250 business cards, w/ my personal message, from vistaprint.com (hope I can say that here), free & just pay shipping ($5.95). I'm planning to punch a hole in the corner & attach w/ yarn or ribbon. I'm not creative enuf to make my own, & they have BUNCHES of designs to choose from.

Do you mind showing me what your looks like? Take a picture please.....:eek

:cheerI FIGURED IT OUT!!! :cheer

First, there's Namemaker.com. The link is to their main clothing label page. They've got all the "handmade by" and so on and they've also got size and care labels. (Along with all other sorts of goodies if you go to their main page lol) You can order these online.

Then, there's Soak. These are super duper cute, IMHO. Only problem is you can't order them online, but at least they've got a toll free number you can call and order from. 1 pack of 12 has 4 different phrases. The site also says that they're available in various LYS's and it's got a link to see where they're carried (or at least where their brand is carried).

I'm bookmarking these pages so I can order these myself. I'm so proud of myself!! lol

ETA: Just got the search pulled up for Soak and apparently you can find online stores too. I just can't see to get anything else to load.

Archived