Bernat Chunky Scarf

jillybean

I have a confession to make. I've been knitting and crocheting for 35 years and have never, NEVER, made a scarf until yesterday. I'd start, but none could keep my attention until I found the perfect combination of yarn and pattern.

Now I'm really frugal, I tend to use what I have before I buy anything, but I couldn't pass up a good sale on the softest prettiest yarn, Bernat Chunky in the varigated colour "Southwest", especially as I needed something for my sister's Christmas present. And that led me to the Bernat website and their free pattern,http://tinyurl.com/BernatScarf.

post-22989-135897463235_thumb.jpg

post-22989-135897463246_thumb.jpg

Mittens are next in Bernat Softee Chunky, solid teal to match the bright teal in the scarf.

Thanks all...it is funny it took me so long, my first crochet project was a 18" diameter doily that my mom still uses. This scarf whipped up in such a short time though that I found myself taking inventory of the yarn I had tucked away to see if I have anything that would suit me! lol

• 5 weeks later...

I love it!!! -Very pretty, Jillybean! Your Sister will love it...and with mittens to match? -It will make a lovely gift set! Thank you for sharing and for the pattern link. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The scarf is beautiful -- love the colors! I find it so funny that it took you this long to make a scarf ... I started crocheting just a few months ago and have completed nothing but a bunch of scarves so far!:lol

I'm currently working on my first non-scarf project, a baby afghan made with Bernat Softee Chunky in Taupe Twist, with the edging done in solid Taupe (which actually looks a lot more like a light cocoa).

Archived