The Ten Commandments of Fun Fur

I am nearly done with my first "complete" Fun Fur project.. and omigosh.. lemme tell you they should sell this stuff with disclaimers and rules to follow :eek

Here's what I learned in the short time it took me to do it.

1. Thou shalt remember that Fun Fur does not like to frog.

2. Thou shalt remember that cats and Fun Fur are a really bad combination.

3. Thou shalt turn off all moving air in the house and stay away from fans, vents and other means of staying cool because those little strands blow everywhere.

4. Thou shalt remember that Fun Fur does not like to frog.

5. Thou shalt remember to use a big hook and crochet very loosely because Fun Fur does not like to frog; however, crocheting loosely makes it easier to coax it into frogging.. albeit grudgingly.

6. Thou shalt remember to count your stitches carefully because they are difficult to go back and count and getting off pattern is a very bad thing with Fun Fur.

7. Thou shalt remember that Fun Fur does not like to frog.

8. Thou shalt count to 20 before throwing the Fun Fur across the room because the cat is anticipating this.

9. Thou shalt remember that multi-tasking is generally not a good thing with Fun Fur as it requires your undivided attention.

10. Thou shalt remember that Fun Fur does not like to frog!!!

I did get the scarf nearly done, have to pick up one more ball of it (on sale at AC Moore for $3!!! :hook ) and pictures to follow soon.. but omigosh that stuff does not like to frog!!

:scared

LOL...You are right about Fun Fur not liking to frog! I haven't made anything in crochet with FF other than flip flops, but I have knitted several scarves..It is a little easier with knitting, but not much!:hook

hehe I love it.. I'll definitely do some more scarves and I'm looking for a fingerless mitten pattern for it as well.. it's delicious once its done.. but wow did I get an education :lol:blush

Thou shalt not frog fun fur!

In its entire "reign" at Walmart, Michael's, etc, I have bought the whopping figure of one ball and worked with it exactly once. What did I learn?

Don't try to frog it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thou shalt not frog fun fur!

In its entire "reign" at Walmart, Michael's, etc, I have bought the whopping figure of one ball and worked with it exactly once. What did I learn?

Don't try to frog it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it will frog, but it must be coaxed.. you must seduce it gently....not just demand it to frog at your whim. You must treat it as a very fine lady.. softly.. caressing the strands.. and then and only then will it consider frogging.... usually consider it and then say NO and smack your hand :eek

:lol:lol

Oh!! You are sooo right about this. I :manyheart the stuff, but I had to learn to crochet in a way that worked for it. The bigger the hook, the better. I agree, loose stitches are better. The stuff is so fluffy that you don't need the stitches to be tight. I also ch 1, sc in nxt ch-1 sp, etc. Finding the ch-1 sections are much easier than sc in ea st.

:eek:eek:eek:eekRachel!!! Come over to my house and get one of my big hooks. PLEASE! LOL. Girl! That is too much. I have a hook waiting for you at my house. You know where I live. :hug What are friends for, huh?

1. Fun fur does not like to frog.

2. If you MUST frog fun fur, you must be holding your mouth exactly right the entire time. Failure to do so may result in TOSSING not Frogging. It helps if you don't breath during the frogging process too. :eek Failure to frog correctly results in strange furry masses. I have one I am using as an armrest at work because I refuse to admit it's is an impossible mass.

Kathy

Oh no no no lol Funfur and steel hooks are a bad bad thing :lol In this case as well as with Mohair (i'm finding out) bigger is better.. bit of an adjustment for someone like me that likes to float in the F-H range typically lol

I did fun fur this morning with a J hook, but I went last night and bought this big old grandmammy hook (N) I guarantee I won't go smaller than that again :yay

1. Fun fur does not like to frog.

2. If you MUST frog fun fur, you must be holding your mouth exactly right the entire time. Failure to do so may result in TOSSING not Frogging. It helps if you don't breath during the frogging process too. :eek Failure to frog correctly results in strange furry masses. I have one I am using as an armrest at work because I refuse to admit it's is an impossible mass.

Kathy

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I have one of those.. :blush

:eek:eek:eek:eekRachel!!! Come over to my house and get one of my big hooks. PLEASE! LOL. Girl! That is too much. I have a hook waiting for you at my house. You know where I live. :hug What are friends for, huh?

Thanks for the offer! I do have larger hooks, I just tried working with the wrong mix. Next time, I'll use an H (I think that's the largest this threadie has) and work loosely...and edge something made from yarn.

And no frogging!

I am Crazy,:loco not Dumb. :D I think I will just leave the fun fur to you that like to torture yourselves and stay with my thread.:hook

Good idea. I like the look of the stuff. I know...maybe I'll make my sister put it on something for me. She crochets.

Only problem is, I think she has the same problem I do! Or was it that she hasn't even tried it yet? (Do we blame her?) :)

hehe it was definitely an adventure.. and I learned something else too.. Mohair doesn't like to frog either.. *sigh*
No, it doesn't. I tried that, too. It looked like my poodle had gone bald with all the lint I had on me. I was a mess.

Archived