Raspberry Beret from Crochet Today Sept/Oct 09

kookaloo_starr

I made this last night/this morning for my niece towards her winter holiday gifts, it worked up so quickly that I'll be making myself one too :) This version is in Moda Dea Silk 'n' Wool blend & used slightly over one skein with a 6mm hook.

post-14036-135897450248_thumb.jpg

I made this last night/this morning for my niece towards her winter holiday gifts, it worked up so quickly that I'll be making myself one too :) This version is in Moda Dea Silk 'n' Wool blend & used slightly over one skein with a 6mm hook.

Very goo job, this is on my "to do" list.

Today I'm starting an orange one :D For years I couldn't stand the colour but when I was pregnant with my youngest son I bought a bright orange sweater and found it lifted my spirits to wear such a sunny shade & so I will be wearing a sunny beret during the dark months to carry my own sunshine with me!

Version 2, made again with a 6mm hook and 2 strands of Disney Tigger orange acrylic yarn :D

I LOVE IT!! :manyheart I'm not going to be difficult to see on the dark winter evenings ;)

thanks for the nice comments on the pink beret, I know my niece will like it she loves anything pink.

post-14036-135897450595_thumb.jpg

CrochetisCrack2001 - what are you struggling with on 4, 5 and 6? Maybe I can help. My friends Mum saw my finished berets and wants me to make her a beanie type hat using the centre of this beret so this weekend I will be doing it again. Have you compared the written instruction with the chart? sometimes it clarifies things to actually work along with both.

*gone to look for my pattern*

OK now I have it here lets see if I can help with round 4. After the sl st to close round 3 make a 1 ch and then a sc in the same place as the 1ch. Then you ch 5 and sc into the top of the next dc on the row below all round until the last one where you just ch 2 and make a dc (where you'd usually do a sl st) to close the round.

The 2ch + dc counts as the final 5 ch and ensures you're in the correct place to start round 6 rather than having to sl st to the middle of the next ch 5 loop.

let me know if that helps any :)

This is the beanie I made from the beret pattern, it's for my friends Mum. She loved the beret but says they don't suit her so I took the centre of the beret and after round 7 just did a few rounds of ch4 mesh, a round or 2 of dc, a round of hdc and finished off with a round of rev sc :D

A brown hat on brown hair doesn't make for the best of pics (nor does low lighting) but here it is .

post-14036-135897456686_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897456688_thumb.jpg

post-14036-135897456965_thumb.jpg

Archived