Nice, simple kitchen patterns

Alright. That is IT. I am sick of flowers and fruit and teddy bears, and undergarments for soap bottles.

Is there such a thing as nice, simple, utilitarian patterns, that aren't too plain? I had a pattern for a scrubbie, and one for a potholder. (Both of which are "hand-mouth" patterns, as in from my stepmom's mouth to my hand.) but I'd like a nice washcloth or two, and maybe a hot pad or another potholder.

I'm just so worn out by "cutsie" type things.

*grumbles and snuggles the yarn eating cat*

(Sorry 'bout the rant)

OmGoodness............. bless your heart! LOL LOL LOL

~okay... back to crocheting my flowery coaster set............. :eek um.. I mean my very sophisticated stripe pattern coasters............ yeah... thats it!

:heart

:mug

all of my dishcloths are lily sugar n cream. size H hook. CH27. HDC until it's about the size of my hand.

it's not fancy but it's the perfect size to get the job done. i don't like large dishcloths. this is the perfect size. i have about 10 of them so i use one a day so i get a fresh one every morning.

Here's a pic of a potholder I made that is very utilitarian-ish. I've made 2 of these today and I might make more. They are very easy to make. I'm just not sure if there's a pattern for it or not. I made mine after seeing something similar a long time ago. I actually used to make a whole bunch of the magic square pot holders but they got really boring after a while.

Julee

post-4632-135897437793_thumb.jpg

I love priscilla hewitts scalloped pot holder. I use them as trivits. I even have them hanging on the wall behind my table. They're so simple that they're gorgeous.

The small ones are made following the pattern. The large one is 2 strands and a J hook. It's only one sided.

Here is the link http://www.priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html

post-10150-135897437801_thumb.jpg

post-10150-135897437806_thumb.jpg

post-10150-135897437815_thumb.jpg

Archived