Comfy slippers

jeannej

I thought I'd show you the slippers I'm making for Christmas gifts. I've been whipping them up for years, as it's a quick and easy project. I no longer have the original pattern, working off my copy now, but if I recall correctly, it was from Annie's Attic (although, I can't seem to locate it on their website, so may be out of print?). The pattern calls for double strands of 4-ply throughout; I used Red Heart Super Saver for these: (Lavener/Blueberry Pie and Black/Ocean). Thanks for checking them out. :)

post-29383-135897434662_thumb.jpg

post-29383-135897434665_thumb.jpg

EDIT

ATTENTION to all those who would like to see this out-of-print pattern reissued:::

A Crochetville member, Krakovianka (Karen) shared that if there are enough requests, the publisher just may reissue the pattern; that it's been known to happen before. Perhaps if all those who are interested in this slipper pattern would send such a request to Annie's Attic, they'd consider it!? Karen mentioned that AA could easily offer it as a digital download, should they choose, which I imagine puts the odds in our favor.

If you are interested in getting in on this pattern's band wagon, the original was a a single-patterned two-page leaflet entitled:

Big Foot Boutique II: TENNIS SOCKS, designed by Annie Potter, Annie's Attic, 1982

Contact Annie's Attic:

Customer_Service@AnniesAttic.com

Should I hear anything, I'll post it -please do the same. :)

post-29383-135897434655_thumb.jpg

post-29383-135897434659_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, gals! I admit that I tend to gravitate toward the instant gratification that these provide, what with their quick and easy whip-up :rock There's a lot to be said about the smaller projects when a respite from the more involved is needed. :yes

LOL Heather! :lol A size we share (the size of the two pair with the colored toes)

BTW -If anyone knows and could share how the copyright laws rule when a pattern is no longer in print, that would be nice (I had possession of the original Annie's Attic pattern back in the 80's, I believe)

Those look awesomely comfy if you find out about the copy right or know the book it came out of I would love to find me a copy of that pattern. I have looked at and tried alot of slipper patterns and this is perfect.

Those look awesomely comfy if you find out about the copy right or know the book it came out of I would love to find me a copy of that pattern. I have looked at and tried alot of slipper patterns and this is perfect.

LaVonne, I don't recall the pattern being from a book. I remember it as a one-pattern/two-page pamphlet from Annie's Attic (circa early 1980's?), and I believe they were actually called 'tennis socks'(?), if that helps at all (although they are far too thick to wear with any type of shoe). As I recall too, they originally instructed making a small pompom to attach to the back of the ankle (ergo, a tennis-sock style), which I never included. Sure wish I could be of more help.

They are a leaflet from Annies Attic Big Foot Boutique II 446 in r Top corner . Tennis socks 1982

very comfy I have to make my 3 sisters a pair each yr for christmas. They were them all the time. One forgot she had them on and wore them to town shopping Adult large takes 110 yds trim 150 yds white

Found one on ebay and bought it thanks for the info Now can't wait to get it. Whoohoo!!

:clap Oh Yay!, LaVonne!!! I'm so glad you found a copy! Be careful, or you may find these easy-peasy slippers as addictive as I have ;) After crocheting my first pair, I never went in search of another pattern. BTW, instructions include 7 size variations, from children through adults, which is nice. I hope you'll start a new thread and share a pic of your slippers when you get them done! -I look forward to seeing them. Happy crocheting!

:clap Oh Yay!, LaVonne!!! I'm so glad you found a copy! Be careful, or you may find these easy-peasy slippers as addictive as I have ;) After crocheting my first pair, I never went in search of another pattern. BTW, instructions include 7 size variations, from children through adults, which is nice. I hope you'll start a new thread and share a pic of your slippers when you get them done! -I look forward to seeing them. Happy crocheting!

Thanks I will, kinda behind on posting pics of finished projects just not much time in a day

Lafloran and others who have asked, I really, really wish that I could share the pattern but since this is not my own design, Crochetville and copyright laws do not allow it. If I had a source, I would gladly share a link, but I have searched high and low without success. Do look on ebay as a couple of members have been able to locate it through there.

"Big Foot Boutique II: Tennis Socks", an Annie's Attic publication from the early '80s. It was evidently published in both a single pattern leaflet (the one I had originally), and a leaflet that included other slipper designs as well.

:sigh I feel like a horrible tease for having shown these without being able to link to a pattern source. All's crossed that everyone in search will be able to locate the pattern.

Archived