Comfy slippers

jeannej

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There you go, LaVonne -Nice work!! These slippers, so quick and easy, make great gifts. Have fun!- Oh, and thank you for sharing yours with us. :yes

If anyone knows where I can get this pattern, please pm me. Thank you so much!

I put in a request with the powers that be at Annie's Attic, for either a possible resurrection of this out of print pattern or permission for to share. We shall see; it's already been a few days since my send. :shrug

A Crochetville member, Krakovianka (Karen) shared that if there are enough requests, the publisher just may reissue the pattern; that it's been known to happen before. Perhaps if all those who are interested in this slipper pattern would send such a request to Annie's Attic, they'd consider it!? Karen mentioned that AA could easily offer it as a digital download, should they choose, which I imagine puts the odds in our favor.

If you are interested in getting in on this pattern's band wagon, the original was a a single-patterned two-page leaflet entitled:

Big Foot Boutique II: TENNIS SOCKS, designed by Annie Potter, Annie's Attic, 1982

Contact Annie's Attic:

Customer_Service@AnniesAttic.com

Should I hear anything, I'll post it -please do the same. :)

Just sent my email request to Annie's.

Great, Ramburn! And hopefully others have as well.

I finally just received a reply from Annie's Attic, and unfortunately my lone request wasn't enough to spur a reissue. :sigh Here's hoping that a number of requests will move them.

I received an email from Annie's Attic that said that the pattern is no longer in print. Does this mean it can now be shared?

Hi Sharona -We are aware that the pattern is out of print...What we are hoping for is that they reissue it. Here is a part of the response I received:

"
Thanks for writing to us about your pattern request! From time to time, we feature older patterns in our pattern books and on several of our Web sites. However, if the pattern is over 10 years old, there may not be any copy to be able to furnish you. Unfortunately, some pattern archives were damaged years ago. We do appreciate your request, and we will pass this request to our catalog department for their review and consideration as they keep a list of requests and review on a case-by-case basis."

As far as the out-of-print status allowing us to share - Nope. Crochetville's Amy, replying to me in a thread over on "Other Crochet Topics", shared the following:::

Even though the pattern is out of print, it is likely still protected under copyright law. If it is still subject to copyright protection, you cannot distribute copies without the copyright owner's permission.

Cornell University has some great information about when copyright protection expires and published items fall into the public domain.

Thank you for your pattern request to Annie's Attic, though, Sharona - If there's enough of them from those interested, perhaps they'll get the pattern back out there...I don't know, there are so many other slipper patterns available. :shrug We shall see...

This is the reply I got when I asked whether someone who has the pattern can send it to me:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding obtaining permission to produce projects based on patterns or ideas from one or more of our publications.

We do not require that you obtain our permission for small-scale productions of projects made from our patterns. You may make and sell these at local bazaars and retail outlets, fund-raisers, or in other similar manner.

We ask that you do not allow these projects to be sold electronically, such as via Internet/Web pages, e-mail requests or bulletin board postings. In small-scale production of these projects we do not require that you indicate the copyrighted source of the pattern or idea. However, many people are interested in knowing the source of hand-crafted items, so it's a good feature to include when selling the project.

Large-quantity or mass production of projects from our publications is prohibited without first obtaining written consent to do so.

If you have questions regarding whether or not your situation requires written permission, please feel free to contact us with specifics about your plans, such as the pattern(s) that you will be using to make the projects and the quantities you expect to produce, so we can make a better determination of whether or not our written permission would be required.

DRG Publishing

Attn: Copyright information

306 East Parr Road

Berne, IN 46711-2159

Thank you,

Mary F.

Customer Service

Annie's Attic

AnniesAttic.com

1-800-282-6643

Sharon

This is the reply I got when I asked whether someone who has the pattern can send it to me:

Well, that leaves one wondering...The customer service provider didn't seem to address your specific question, kind of leaving the door open a bit, it seems...if one were to read that into it, that is. As a pattern holder, I sent an email yesterday requesting whether or not I could privately share mine with friends in my crochet group...

OK, cuz I read it as you could not electronically SELL it but sharing it would be OK. Maybe I am wrong....also it says that you cannot mass produce it which I took to mean, you cannot make a bunch of copies and give it away.

Love the looks of these slippers :)

I'm hoping you'll be able to share the pattern-or that they'll make it available again. I already have some requests for slippers for Christmas and these would be perfect!

I see someone on Ebay has the tennis socks and a few of the other big boutique patterns for sale and there over $20.00 now. I found a pattern on ETSY by weesandy called simple pleasures slippers and they are very close to the tennis socks her are what mine look like from her pattern.

post-1515-135897442073_thumb.jpg

post-1515-135897442079_thumb.jpg

post-1515-135897442083_thumb.jpg

post-1515-135897442095_thumb.jpg

I wrote to Annies Attic, too, and they said "I apologize that we no longer carry the pattern you requested. It is discontinued and no longer available." and to check out other patterns on their website. :( They didn't address anything else as to obtaining a pattern.

Archived