I have found a way to thank everyone for being so sweet here...

Well, you know, not everyone may want one of my totes,

I can't imagine anyone not wanting one of your totes. I think we are all sitting out here with fingers crossed hoping to be the next recipient.

I've thought of doing something like this myself, but totes are what I like to make and I felt like I'd be pushing into Mary Jo's turf. Though mine wouldn't be in the same league as her's. Maybe I could do hook holders?

:turtle:vheart

I think anything you made and sent out would be cherished.

I have noticed that Tampa Doll does a bag a month for some lucky women and MissMaxx give a potholder each month to some lucky woman.

I am going to make a scarf each month. And send it out to one woman a month.

Normally I will post the scarf at the end of the month. Like Tampa Doll does. But the August Scarf will be sent sometime next week. Since I just decided on this. I have recipients in mind for the rest of the year. I am going to think up who I want to give the scarf to in advance so I can make the scarf match the person's favorite color as best I can.

Now to decide on August's pattern.

That's a wonderful idea. It is amazing how an act of kindness can inspire others. The 'ville has to be the best place in the world.

I think this is a great idea! But, and there is always a but(!), how would you get an addy if they don't have a wish list? Just curious....or could something be sent to whoever is in charge of wish lists?

I've thought of doing something like this myself, but totes are what I like to make and I felt like I'd be pushing into Mary Jo's turf. Though mine wouldn't be in the same league as her's. Maybe I could do hook holders?

:turtle:vheart

It's so funny that this idea has hit so many people all at once! I decided last month that I was going to make something each month to send out to someone, and I just came up with what it will be a couple of days ago. I designed a pattern for a shawl a couple of years ago and everyone that I have given one of the shawls to so far has loved it, so I am going to make one of my shawls each month to send out to someone. My first one will be going out at the beginning of September, and then one will go out at the beginning of each month after that. I hope everyone likes my design! One C'Ville member already has one of the shawls, I made one for the Holiday Swap last December and sent it to Dee (Angel55057). I toyed with the idea back then because the shawls are so easy and fun to make, and now I've decided that I am definitely going to do it!

I think this is a great idea! But, and there is always a but(!), how would you get an addy if they don't have a wish list? Just curious....or could something be sent to whoever is in charge of wish lists?

Someetimes I will ask AuntBubbles or Terri/LadySourse or someone else to get it for me. There are lots of ways.:devil

See this is why this place is so great. The people involved, there is an endless bundle of giving. My heart :heartis over flowing is happiness at you all. Group Hug.:ghug

Wow- as the proud recipient of the sock monkey pot holders , I know the joy that getting a surprise in the mail brings!!! Actually more than joy- it is such a wonderful feeling of excitement and gratitude in your heart that overwhelms you.

Great idea for the Scarves, Crystal. Mary Jo- I can't imagine anyone not wanting one of your beautiful totes- and that lastest yarn you got as a gift is awesome- and perfectly matches the Starbursts! Elle- the idea of a shawl is fantastic.

What talented, caring ladies you all are!

I'm so happy I found the "ville"- I'm making lots of new friends and learning so much. And it seems that with all the tips I find here my crocheting is getting better and better- even DH noticed!:ghug to everyone here!

♫ ...and these are a few of my favorite things ♫ about Crochetville - Everyone who gathers here and their generous sharings threading through each post - New examples everyday of the warm and wonderful stitchings that make up the fabric of this community. :ghug I'm so glad I found you!

Archived