'Squiggly-Wiggly' Potholder

Mom w/a Motif

Well, this only took me four years (yes, four years!!!) to finish. :blush I guess I really got disgusted with working on it. As you can see, I totally messed it up. I don't know if I will make any more of these. I love how they look, but I can't keep track. :rolleyes My six year old was going through my stuff yesterday, and said 'What's this?' (the potholder). I said 'Oh, that's where that was....' I was * * this close to being done on it, so I finished it (and weaved in the three million ends...) Oh well. I finished it, at least. :hook

post-20-135897428382_thumb.jpg

It doesn't even *go* in my kitchen, either. I started it for my Grandma (her kitchen is yellow & green). But she passed away this May. I might just donate it to an elderly care center I send things to.

Looks great! I'm not sure I'd want to use a pot holder that took me four years to finish, though! Maybe you can frame it! :lol

Great job on your "squiggly wiggly"!! I know what you meant about those "ENDS"!! :eek :eek :eek I made two AND NO MORE!! :lol :lol :lol I love how they look though. They also catch peoples attention--trying to figure out "how did she do it"??:think :think

'Squiggly-Wiggly'? -Such a cool texture for a hot pad! I've never seen that stitch before, Tina, but I like it! After four years and a three million ends, I commend your mission to finally "Get 'er done" :yay Brava! Nice work!

That is really cute.

I have one similar that a lady next door did for me when we first moved here over 27 years ago.

I have it still. hugs sheila

Good job finishing it! I'm not sure I would have :lol And, now that I've heard the "never agains" even though I find this a neat stitch, I will not be tempted :lol And after that long a time, no way would I ever use it!

I think it looks great.... I've made one before, few years ago... gave it as a gift... Haven't made one since... I do however think about it!! That's as far as it goes..lol... Maybe you should try it again since you had your 4 yr. break! LOL!.. GBU! :):)

You're supposed to cut the end after each 'round'. I did something wrong though and had little corners I had to keep fixing. (It's hard to explain...) I don't know if I mentioned it though I got so sick of cutting and reattaching that I started slip stitching to the spot where I wanted to start again. I don't know if that is a 'no-no', or not, but... I didn't care. :P

So tell me why are there so many ends?

I love it! Great work, Tina!

I've done that pattern before and I just love it. Except yours looks much different than mine- I only had 7 or 8 rounds of "squiggly" and you seem to have much more. Did you use thread? :think

Hi Stacy! :hi Yes, I used thread. :yes

I love it! Great work, Tina!

I've done that pattern before and I just love it. Except yours looks much different than mine- I only had 7 or 8 rounds of "squiggly" and you seem to have much more. Did you use thread? :think

Archived