I had to laugh at myself

Well last night went to Walmart and bought an 18 gal tote for my yarn because I thought it would all fit it well turns out I should have had my fiance buy me 2 of those 18 gals because none of the yarn fit in there I didn't realize how much yarn I had until I put it in a tote and the rest had to stay in the wicker basket because I had no more room for it:lol. So today I'll start to use it so that way I can reduce the stash just a little bit

I did the same thing. Then took over the high boy dresser in the guest room. Hubby bought me storage shelves (the ones with the cloth drawers) and its working out great...for now! :lol

Reduce? Where's the fun in that??? :think:rofl

:turtle:vheart

Um, de-stash, please explain :rofl I have two of those bins full, one 4 drawer chest of drawers full, another cabinet full and then there are the boxes of yarn and the bags with projects in them. Don't EVEN want to talk about my quilting fabric stash!!! :eek Other to say that when I moved, the largest amount of boxes was fabric! :blush

Come on now - only 1 tote - please! You best get a move on - you are way way behind in the tote filling. :rofl I have at least 8 and then bunches of yarns all over. Need to work on getting some of the yarn made into things.

I wish I could claim this idea, someone else, much more clever than I came up with it, and I can’t remember where I saw it, but the idea was to use those soft shoe holders that hang off a door and hold a bunch of shoes in individual pockets. My house is so small you can’t cuss the cat without getting hair in your mouth, so I’m always looking for a place to stick something. John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

I have a second bedroom that has become my stash room for my yarn what I do is I bought a case of 144 plastic bags that are zippered made to hold 2 sweaters on Ebay for I figured .21 cents a piece it will eight skeins of Red Heart or projects I am working on since I have a black cat It helps to keep it clean. I also find that I don't lose anything and can see what is in it and by being zippered I also store the new afghan made in it.

I use a bookshelf (4 shelves) to "store" my stash..... but that's only what I want my husband to see. It is full of yarn... and I mean FULL !!!!!

The rest of it is "hidden" inside tote bags, project bags and believe it or not... the trunk of my car. :rofl

Oh so neatly organized, I would love that. I on the other hand am not. I have my yarn stash spewed over several rooms but mainly in my office/ craft room and my guest bedroom. The guest bedroom has a dresser, tall boy dresser vanity hope chest and then the storage bins that fit under the bed full of of yarn. Actually all of those places are full and I have a couple a giant totes of yarn on top of the hope chest. I do however have a couple of pictures of the office/ craft room stash. A couple of weeks ago I tried to organize it.... yeah right like that worked.

post-9070-135897426173_thumb.jpg

post-9070-135897426177_thumb.jpg

post-9070-13589742618_thumb.jpg

post-9070-135897426183_thumb.jpg

my children and dh just shake their heads...when i find yarn that is a good deal i get it...i dont believe in destashing...i work and i tell them i can have all the yarn i want.

WOW everyone sure have a large stash of yarn. My apartment is small so the only place I can store yarn is in my bedroom which doubles as my office and TV room for myself. My stash consist of a basket of yarn and a small bin of cotton yarn. I love yarn but have no where to put it. I am trying desperately to buy yarn for items that I am working on. One day I'll be able to have a large stash of yarn that I can rub and touch and caress. :manyheart

Wow. So, uh, is it the wrong response to see stashes with way more yarn than I have and think, "Wow. I feel inadequate" instead of "Geez, they must have a problem"? :devil

*sits on her hands to avoid buying more yarn* I will destash. I will destash. I will destash. I will...

I just bought a bunch of yarn from candi_wv. I convinced my dh and my mom that they should let me buy my birthday present 6 weeks early! Then I traded some thread for...you guessed it MORE YARN! I'm trying to catch up to some of you! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

The yarn in my house is like kudzu;it's creeping everywhere.So far it it has taken over the spare bedroom,the laundry room,and the love seat in the den where I do my crocheting.Oh well, what can I do but enjoy it.

Archived