Opinions needed, plz!

Cordelia

Question

I was fortunate enough to find cammo yarn , sports weight on sale EL CHEAPO!

I got 5 skeins, I believe the skeins are 2 ozs each.

The plan is to make a top for my 13, almost 14 year old, shes very punkish in dress, and think it would suit her.

The question: Do you think all cammo with no other color {in the top} is overkill?

Think it might something to break it up a bit?

:think Thanx for any thoughts!

20 answers to this question

Being a military wife, I LOVE cammo....I even have a cammo purse, lol. I agree that you shouldn't break up the cammo..and edge it in black. Maybe even add an old patch to the front? You can find some neat ones at the Army Surplus Store...or I would be happy to send you one from our local base.

Donna

I love the idea of making something ultra-feminine in all in camo yarn! I think some sort of black trim or adornment would be awesome! I'd love to see photos when you're done!!

Tammy:hook

goin against the crowd on this one - i say use ulta bright neon pink or orange to do edging/stripes. will add that extra something and femme-punk touch

:devil

OOO OK I would go with that one- That would be cool.

Thats very sweet Donna....and I might take ya up on the patch offer, but let me see if my mind and hands can form a team and get this thing built..lol

I start this afternoon...Fingers crossed will be done pretty quickly!

Thanx for the input everyone! I do have black if I need it! :hook

I could send you either some US Army or Air Force rank patches, OR a few pieces of one of my husband's old cammo uniform to make your own patches. We have several old bdu's that I use for craft projects and you are more than welcome to a few pieces of it :)

Just email me if you are interested..no charge at all for either patches or uniform pieces.

Donna

I say use black with it, it doesn't take from the camo that way...to make it a really punked out look you could make it all mesh, then use camo patches to cover the breast area...esp if the patches were "roughed" up by letting them get stringy and worn first....you could even use fabric and age it, then saftey pin it on for a great punk look!! (yeah i used to be into punk....when hubby met me, my hair was pumpkin orange :D but i gave up the look to get a job!

:lol)

hope that helps!!

Sherry

Its the darker one with greens and black. I hadn't planned on it being close mesh except on the breast area. So hopefully it will make it with what I have...if not I may then have to add an additional color.

I found it at Hobby Lobby...for 64 cents a skein. I know I about peed my pants!

I bought the five skeins they had. Its by Red heart.

Ummmm...you could edge it in black?

Yes thats a good idea too! I think I have some SW black in my stash! Thanx!:D

I hated to break it up too... but having never worked with it, well you know!

Im not sure about the style...I took her measurement and am just gonna wing it.

However in my minds eye I do see something ultra femme! Thought it was a nice contrast.

BTW Im starting as soon as Im done with my bag for the bag along, which has comsumed me for the past two days. :blush

Archived