An Adventure w/ My Mom

On Friday July 3rd, I had the day off. My mom & I planned an adventure. I'd previously learned from here @ the 'Ville that the Peaches N Cream factory/outlet is about a 2.5 hour drive from my house, on the way to the lovely NC Foothills. So Mom & I set out on our adventure, accompanied by mom's trusty GPS. We found our way quite easily. The staff was very friendly. We ahhhhed over all the beautiful cotton yarn & thread, & dug thru the 2nd's bins, & of course, left with some "much needed" additions to our stash.

I wish I'd learned younger that my mom's fun to be with!

:rofl about knowing your mom could be so much fun!!! My oldest and I have such a good time when we're together! I envy you living that close to Elmore Pisgah. WOW! :drool I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to control myself. I would have to take only so much $$ with me and no checkbook or bankcard :lol

I'm so glad you had a great time with your Mom. Sounds like a fun time was had by both of you. And you came home with goodies!!!!! Wish I were there. :D

I am VERY close to my Mom and we do things together all the time. In the past she and I have gone places & done so many wonderful and fun things and we have so many great memories. Now that she is 83 years old we still go and do things but on a slower speed.

We often talk about the good times we spent and places we went. Even just sitting and talking about them is fun!!!

There is NOTHING like a Mom...... treasure her. :hug

I would totally go yarn adventuring with my mom. We have, in fact, at Hobby Lobby and such. She has a bad way of enabling my habit. "It's on clearance." "Look at this color. You should get it." "Go for it." I swear. I think I buy more yarn when she's around...

Color me JEALOUS!!!! WOW what FUN~I am IN LOVE with cotton yarn and have decided it may be the only kind I stash and just buy acrylics on an as needed basis. TOO COOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~this just made me ~smile~! Sadly, my Moms and I are not at all close and only talk a few times a year. :(

How fun! My Mom & I were close when I was a teenager. I miss her dearly. We used to go "slum shopping" (to the thrift shops) and the auction to purchase fabric and yarn.

Enjoy this time with your Mom. It seems like they go so quickly. I truly miss my Mom.

Wow a trip to Peaches and Cream. I would be in stash heaven. I love their cotton yarn. Sounds like a fun trip.:hook

I know what you mean. My mom and I a few years back (she didn't work and I was in school) went out at least once a week. Shopping, lunch, the works. Now she's can't get out much anymore (physical disablities) and we don't go. I miss it.

:turtle:vheart

Moms can be fun it make me miss the fun and many adventures I use to have with my daughter before she got married and now have a family of her own. Its fun when you share the same love for yarn and crocheting. Enjoy each other always. :hug

Glad you and your Mom enjoyed your little trip. And especially the goodies you were able to buy. I always enjoyed doing things with my Mom especially just visiting with her and crocheting together. I also enjoyed crocheting and "drooling" over patterns with my oldest sister. Now they are both gone and I sure miss them. Enjoy your Mom every chance you get.

Archived