August Crochet World

siminsc

I got mine last week, too. Seems like they have a different layout or something, the last couple months. It looks nicer. And they have had more cute stuff lately.

Tina

Really? What ones? (I was born in '69...) :think

I received mine and some of the projects looked like a throwback to the fifties. It had some nice kids' stuff, though.

I liked the Camouflage Gear set, I was *thinking* about making it for our six year old. (I haven't told him that, though~~ OR showed him it.) At least the tent and sleeping bag. The entrelac bag is cute. Although I still don't know how to do entrelac.

I got mine last week. I love it but just did look at it again to see if I saw anything that reminded me of the 50's. The only thing that reminded me of the 50's was the clothespin bag. I was born in 1951 but I seem to remember seeing pictures of clothespin bags from the 30's and 40's. Although I believe those were sewn ones rather than crochet ones.

I got mine a few days ago. I did find a couple of things that I liked but not as much as I usually do. It must be difficult to come up with new patterns that appeal to so many crocheters. :think

The magazine does have a new editor so her style may be different from what we've come to expect. I'm just going to wait and see what is in the future issues before I renew my subscription. :yes

I got mine last week.

I like the skirt and the dress for my daughter. My daughter wants the skirt in pinks.

I like the tent too, in pink for my daughter's Barbies or Ken dolls.

Like the shawl cardigans for her, too.

There are a few other things I like and a few I don't like but I don't see it as old fashioned really nor do I think many of the patterns are free on the internet unless I'm missing them.

• 1 month later...
I got mine last week.

I like the skirt and the dress for my daughter. My daughter wants the skirt in pinks.

I like the tent too, in pink for my daughter's Barbies or Ken dolls.

Like the shawl cardigans for her, too.

There are a few other things I like and a few I don't like but I don't see it as old fashioned really nor do I think many of the patterns are free on the internet unless I'm missing them.

Thank you. I designed the Party-Girl Skirt in this issue. Please let me know if you make the skirt for your little girl. I'd love to see it.

Archived