Recycle bags and clutches

cindylou4516

I made these purses and bags a while ago. I got them from here.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2008/09/18/recycled-mini-shoulder-bag/

I am not sure where I found the drawstring bags, but the bottom has an old cd in it. I used lionbrand ribbon, target bags (I found the strongest) homespun and cd. I will never make the video tape ones again my fingers where crippled after that. I tried different hooks but it was very hard to draw up stitches. My favorite is the blue garbage bag w/ribbon tote. I put my small projects in when I have to sit in the car and wait for son to come out of work.

post-17499-13589741609_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897416093_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897416097_thumb.jpg

I love all the things you make with plarn- although I usually use my own bags when I go grocery shopping, I am starting to take 2 plastic bags each time and build up a collection to I can try using plarn.

What a cool variety of plarn bags!

It's funny that you prefer Target bags for the strength; I found them too tough to work with comfortably, with a texture that didn't help either. I've not had problems with using the flimsy grocery bags myself.

Very nice work! And now I have learned a new term: Plarn! What a great way to recycle all those bags that tend to amass. Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived