Black Cable Purse

Debbi-a1

Since I figured out how to post photos, I'll post this bag I did last week.

Not the best photos, black yarn doesn't work well. I even tried a bunch of different settings on my digital camera. I wanted to make sure you could see the cables. The last picture shows the truest colors, it photographed on a blue blanket.

You'll notice the lining matches my cell phone cover... :) Handsewn lining. I remembered learning a long time ago to use 2 strands of thread when sewing on a button so it will stay on longer, so I did that with this lining, used 2 strands of thread. I hope that will help. My last purse the lining came out.

I have a key fob, which you really can't see.

Pattern: http://www.woolcrafting.com/cable-hat-purse-neckwarmer-pattern.html I did have to make up the cell phone cover.

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, Black, 7oz yarn (yes it took less then one skien of yarn).

Hook: Size J

I love the cables!

I'm with you on the photography. I've been experimenting with lots of different settings trying to get good pictures. I've found it handy to use my "museum setting" for a lot of pictures because it opens up the lens more so more detail gets shown. Difficult to use it because any tiny shakes of my hands cause distortion of the picture.

I love the cables!

I'm with you on the photography. I've been experimenting with lots of different settings trying to get good pictures. I've found it handy to use my "museum setting" for a lot of pictures because it opens up the lens more so more detail gets shown. Difficult to use it because any tiny shakes of my hands cause distortion of the picture.

I'm going to have to try that one. Thanks for the tip.

Debbi

love it, I just bought yarn to make a cabled purse and needed a pattern so glad you posted this one

Archived