Houston Holocaust Museum - Butterflies needed

I've been making butterflies and have close to 500, I am hoping to go to the museum and see the display, live about 4 hrs from there. Will be cool to see all the different types that have been displayed.

WOW! You are one busy beaver. That's very impressive.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mailed another box today. This one contained 295 crocheted butterflies.

Smagola

Wow!!! If you don't mind me asking, what.pattern do you use? It takes me about 20 mind per butterfly pattern that I currently use.

I'll definitely be starting on this project this week. I live in Houston, so it would be neat to visit the exhibit next year and see all our hard work. I'll be sure to take photos and post them.

This is on museum I have avoided visiting. I guess it's time. :)

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's wonderful.

In October my community service group will hold a butterfly workshop. I have made some samples and will have some butterfly shapes. We will all bring in all sorts of crafting supplies and we will make many more butterflies. We have a bunch ready that we made earlier in the year. I also have crocheted some and stitched some on plastic canvas. When we are all finished we will take the required photo(s) and mail them off.

• 1 month later...

One of the women in my group had about 50 crocheted butterflies that her mother had crocheted. She hung onto them after her mother died not knowing what to do with them. It was the granny style butterflies and all she had to do was put the pipe cleaners through them to create the antlers. That has been added to our collection. Being that the deadline has been extended again, it will give us time to make up some more butterflies and we'll probably mail them out in the early spring. We already have so many I don't know how we could possibly lay them all out to photograph them. I guess we will just photograph a sampling of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My group has collected about 115 or more butterflies.  They are made of many mediums, crocheted, plastic canvas, beads, pipe cleaners, paper, card stock, fabric etc.  and other than the 50 crocheted in the same pattern, the others are all different.  We will be mailing them shortly.  We just have to take a photograph of them (per the rules) to submit. 

Some of you have done a tremendous job by making 100's of butterflies.  However, whether you send 1 or 100 or 500, all are appreciated. 

They aren't due until June, so there's still plenty of time to make some more butterflies.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed the photos (already received acknowledgement), en closed the forms, packed everything up and mailed it out yesterday.  Ellie13 I'm sure plenty of people forgot the forms.  The request the forms so they know who made them and where to send acknowledgements to.

• 1 month later...

according to the Holocaust Museum website they have reached their goal of 1.5 MILLION butterflies but will continue to collect until June 30, 2013 as many have campaigns or drives for butterflies still going on.   Just wanted to share.

Archived