Houston Holocaust Museum - Butterflies needed

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just mailed out 22 butterflies. As a return address I put: R.A.O.K, Crochetville member.

I'll try to get more out later. I have to make 15 - 20 snowflakes for my sister by Sept., so the butterflies will be on hold again.

Ellie 13

I have 150 butterflies boxed up and ready to mail. I am very willing to make more. Does anyone know how close they are to their goal? Are butterflies still needed?

Smagola

Smagola, that's GREAT! :cheer

The link in the initial post is still good, and the scheduled date is June 2012 - so I'm sure they still need butterflies. I would have to assume that if they are very close to their goal or reach it, they'd say something rather than continue to collect them. I doubt they want too many more than they'll need. Storage must be a consideration in this project....

I'm sure they'll be happy to have your butterflies! :clap :clap

The following information was just copied from the museum's site:

Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.

Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.

Glitter and all glitter-related products should not be used.

Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.

Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum

by June 30, 2012, with the following information included:

Your name,

Your organization or school,

Your address,

Your e-mail address, and

The total number of butterflies sent.

Mail or bring your butterflies to:

Holocaust Museum Houston

Butterfly Project

Education Department

5401 Caroline St.

Houston, TX 77004

USA

For questions or additional information, please e-mail butterflyproject@hmh.org.

possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to butterflyproject@hmh.org.

I keep looking, but have never "joined up"...now I'm officially committing to making butterflies for this noble project, and posting the link to the site on my facebook, as well.

• 1 month later...

I've just stumbled across this thread and think it is an amazing idea :)

I have shared it on my fb page as I have several creative people on there as well as a few teachers, Brownie leaders etc! I will have to sit down and make some myself too, what an amazing thing to be a part of! :tup

• 4 weeks later...

Keep up the good work everybody. It's just a coule of weeks that my group will meet and discuss making this a group project. I think they might. If not then I'm sure I can get some of them to make some butterflies.

• 4 weeks later...

My butterflies are going out hopefully this week. I'm going to make a few more like this since my rainbow thread ones are claimed by my nieces! :P These are real quick. I got the pattern off ravelry and now for the life of me can't find it again.

post-48941-135897698404_thumb.jpg

Archived