Houston Holocaust Museum - Butterflies needed

This is such a moving project. We should remember the children who were slaughtered as we crochet the butterflies. I work in a pre-school and will ask the kids to make some paper butterflies to add to the ones I crochet.

Thanks for starting this project.:cheer:cheer

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am so glad this is still going. I sent them 50 butterflies this summer and as soon as the holidays are over I am going to start making them again. They are fun, fast and going to a worthy cause. What a great way to use up some of that thread stash I have.

I just found this thread today and it just jumped out at me!! I'm going to commit to making 50 butterflies.... according to the link 400k have already been donated, that's AWESOME!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to contribute some butterflies. To me they are a sign of "new life" . So how do I go about finding out where to send these. I am not very good at navigating on the computer to find info,:blush as I have not been a computer user for very long.

I would love to contribute some butterflies. To me they are a sign of "new life" . So how do I go about finding out where to send these. I am not very good at navigating on the computer to find info,:blush as I have not been a computer user for very long.

Hi amkid! Welcome to the 'ville! :waving

The link with all the rules and address is in the very first post.

Thank you for participating! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I may have missed the post, but it looks like the opening has been pushed back to 2013. I am committed right now to making caps for Vel's Kids, a cancer charity, but I will try to slip in butterflies whenever I get a chance!

what a WONDERFUL cause! I can even get my children involved (something we homeschoolers love) b/c they can do any medium - within the size guidelines. I think I would like to take them to the museum to drop them off so they can see the cause they are making them for. Houston is only 3 hours from me - and we have been talking about visiting there to see museums.

Courtney, that's great! :yes

It's definitely a good project for homeschoolers.

I don't know how old your children are, but you might want to consider the subject matter before taking them to the museum. There are some pretty disturbing images there.... If you think it might be too much for them you might want to visit it first yourself and see what you think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My bf's family is Jewish and they did lose some people in the Holocaust, though no one will speak of them.

When I get your address I will gladly send some to you :)

Laura

Thank you for participating! :D

Please don't send them to me, though - see the first post for a link that tells all about it. The address is there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived