Ok, I am running out of ideas for Christmas gifts for my family. I have been giving crocheted items for the last 15 years. I can't even come up with anything new this year. It's May already and I have yet to make something, I'm usually half way fininshed by now.:sigh Any new ideas?

I'm thinking about making towel holders with a metal 5 or 6 in ring. I'm thinking of making each person/family 4 different ones that they can change on the ring.. one for each season. I also got a magnetic hook for each one so they can hang the towel holder from the refridgerator. I did a search and found an example that fuzzy ferret had made here.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65227&highlight=snowman+towel+holder

I found several patterns in a couple of books I purchased as well as the one from here https://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=2538&cat_id=363&criteria= and this one https://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=2102

I don't know what you have made for them so far but here are some of the things I love to give for gifts,

The Lily Sugar and Cream Stash Baskets are a wonderful gift for anyone. Who couldn't use a place to stash stuff.

A crocheted trash can is another wonderful gift. My hubby and fil love the ones I made for them and use them all the time.

I make this trinket bowl with a size E hook and crochet cotton for a wonderful small things holder.

As you can see, I love the whole basket's/storage thing and have made all of the above as presents and people have loved them.

Priscilla Hewitt has several wonderful back scrubber patterns on her site. I make the one that has the pink scrubby with it and the back scrubber made from "rings" and everyone loves that also. I make the back scrubber MUCH longer than what she calls for. The last one I made I used 12 rings.

I make lots of christmas ornaments and angels too.

Hope this helps some,

TLOL,

Toni

for the ladies a basket of dishclothes , potholders or hotpads, and scrubbies is great. also christmas ornaments are always a big hit with my loved ones. but if these dont work crochet pattern central is a great place to start. last minute thought...bookmarks are great for both men and women

Don't know what you've made for everyone over the past years, but the biggest thing now in grocery shopping is reusable totes. All the stores around here are selling them so plastic bags are not used.

Idea: Why not make personalized grocery totes. You can individualize each tote for the person you are giving it to. (favorite color, initials, etc)

I don't know what you have made for them so far but here are some of the things I love to give for gifts,

The Lily Sugar and Cream Stash Baskets are a wonderful gift for anyone. Who couldn't use a place to stash stuff.

A crocheted trash can is another wonderful gift. My hubby and fil love the ones I made for them and use them all the time.

I make this trinket bowl with a size E hook and crochet cotton for a wonderful small things holder.

As you can see, I love the whole basket's/storage thing and have made all of the above as presents and people have loved them.

Priscilla Hewitt has several wonderful back scrubber patterns on her site. I make the one that has the pink scrubby with it and the back scrubber made from "rings" and everyone loves that also. I make the back scrubber MUCH longer than what she calls for. The last one I made I used 12 rings.

I make lots of christmas ornaments and angels too.

Hope this helps some,

TLOL,

Toni

These stash baskets are so cute. I think I'm going to make some of them. The trinket bowl is also adorable. And another poster mentioned the tote bags which I think is a great idea. I love them and I am actually starting to see people at the grocery stores, etc. using reusable bags.

Ok ladies. Do NOT go to myhq.com unless you have hours and hours and hours and hours to spend looking at all the stuff she has linked to on her site! OMG! I could crochet a new project every day and never do everything on her site! Thank you for this link!!!!

DS was selling jewelry to raise money for Band this year (he plays the trumpet btw :)) so I got some really nice jewelry at a great price, but I always put things I make along w/my gifts. This year I don't know what I'm going to make...I feel your pain pineapplequeen . :( I also run out of ideas. I am making one of my aunts an afghan and I'm thinking of making the other a lightweight cardi, but I'm just not sure. I will probably run out of time b/c it takes me so long to decide! :P DH says I should just make the first thing I see that I know they will like and go on b/c I usually end up going back to my first choice! LOL!! :lol I will definately be starting very soon.

• 1 month later...

Archived