Granny Purse for a close friend *UPDATED*

tiffer93

My boyfriends cousin and friend of mine wanted me to make her a purse. Her birthday is coming up in May. I put this together back in February, but have yet to line it. I'm not sure if I will get it finished in time with the daily grind and the tons of other projects I am working on, but I wanted to share my progress anyways. The square comes from the 99 Granny Squares to Crochet from Leisure Arts book. I added a 2" wide handle that is just long enough that the purse comes to waist level when carried. The cell phone cozy that goes with is just a rectangle that I added a handle and some buttons to. I also will be including the Cash N Cards wallet from here on the 'Ville.

post-18684-135897400079_thumb.jpg

The basic square.

post-18684-135897400083_thumb.jpg

The squares put together.

post-18684-135897400353_thumb.jpg

The cell phone cozy.

Thanks for looking!

May 13, 2009 - I finally lined this purse. Just in time to give her for her birthday this coming Sunday!

post-18684-13589740532_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I updated with a picture in post #1 of the lining. I had some really awesome pink & black skull & cross bone fabric, but I ended up not using it because it was not as thick as I would have liked for it to be. So, I just used some linen type fabric in plain black for stability. My wonderful other half sewed the zipper to the liner for me, and taught me a few things about sewing along the way! Thank you all for your comments!

Archived