Q-hook

Ok I'm wondering what yarns do you use with a Q-hook bought a Q-hook last week and I'm not sure what yarn you would use with a Q-hook

I used two strands of worsted weight held together. There is a book out there from years ago called afghans made with the Q hook. Everything in it requires two strands. It does make a thick ghan or rug ( I have done this also.....great for the bathroom/ powder room)

You can find Q-hook afghans on Crochet Pattern Central and Stargazers. I've made several. They work up very fast and are very thick and warm.

I used 5 strands of Caron SS in pastels (leftover from making ghans for my niece) and made one big granny

I have used three and four strands of ww for an afghan with a Q hook. Makes it nice and warm.

:manyheart

Lion Brand Homespun is great with a Q hook. I've made four or five afghans with it holding two strands together and just single crocheting. Works up very quickly and it's very warm and cozy.

Lion Brand Homespun is great with a Q hook. I've made four or five afghans with it holding two strands together and just single crocheting. Works up very quickly and it's very warm and cozy.

i was just going to say the same thing. our afghan for our couch was made this way. it's super warm. perfect for cold winters. we don't use it in the summer though...too hot!

I love the blanket I made myself with my Q hook. Just sc and two strands of regular old worsted weight. Warmest blanket I own, and quite snuggly. Did the same thing to make a scarf for my sister.

I use my Q hook to make rugs. I usually use at least four, and sometimes five or even six strands of yarn held together. It took me a while to get used to working with it. I felt like Wilma Flinstone with a big cartoon hook in my hand until I got used to it! :lol

You also can make regular stitches with a bulky yarn and it will look lacey. I like to use it for making country rag rugs. Using strips of cloth, sc in a spiral until the rug is the size you like. Then make a few slip stitches before ending off.

You also can make regular stitches with a bulky yarn and it will look lacey. I like to use it for making country rag rugs. Using strips of cloth, sc in a spiral until the rug is the size you like. Then make a few slip stitches before ending off.

Yeah! What she said! :D:hook

Archived