Can anyone help? UPDATE

KellieD

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is. He has put on 40 pounds in the last month and is so much more alert and aware now. The really good thing is that he gets to see his children all the time after so many years of not having them in his life.:clap

The Evil Stepmonster is conspicuous in her absence.

I am so glad that you're getting a lawyer involved. Elder Abuse is a horrible and disgusting thing. I pray that your Father recovers.

The easiest way I've found to make clicky thumbnails thru photobucket is the following:

copy and paste the IMG code.

To change how your links and codes appear on Photobucket:

> Go to your main photobucket page. Under the very first picture is a tiny blue link called Link Options.

>> Go to the 3rd tab called Get Link Options.

>>> Make sure that the IMG for bulletin boards & forums is checked.

You can also check the clicky thumbnail IMG code for larger pics and it will clicky itself.

*Note -

At the bottom right above the Cancel and Save buttons you can choose to always have your links showing or only when you mouse over the pic. I checked always showing. I think it's easier that way.

This is the link for the PhotoBucket Tut that explains and shows you how to do this.

How do I control the linking codes that display in my album?

http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=3&catSelected=f&topicID=706

Physical therapy has Dad on an exercise bike for ten minutes now working his muscles so he can work towards something other than the fetal position he has been in. He has been upgraded to a soft foods diet (from a blenderized diet) and has a cute red-headed nurse promising him homemade chicken and dumplings!

I'll be going to see him on Friday and should be able to have the comfortghan ready. The wheelchair lapghan won't quite be done, but he'll get it soon.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your help in making it possible to get this to Dad so quickly. By myself it would not have been possible. It was touch and go with him for a while, but I think we have turned a corner!

I'll post pictures of both when they are both done. should be this weekend.

THANK YOU ALL!!!:hug:manyheart:crocheting:hook

Kellie, that is wonderful. Please keep us updated on how he's doing.

I just got a bulletin from the Brain Injury Association of New Jersey with mention of a new law just passed here that requires nursing homes to provide patents with pressure redistribution mattresses. States and insurance companies are starting to take bedsores much more seriously, thank goodness.

I took it up to Dad today and he loves it!:manyheart He had me hold it up so he could see the whole thing and really appreciated all of the colors and textures. He asked if I would embroider his initials on it so no one would take it.

The nurses, social worker and other patients were all very complimentary about the talent and quality of work that went into the making of this comfortghan.

Thought you all might want to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Dad passed away on Friday afternoon. He just plain wore out.

For the past two weeks the comfortghan was always with him and he loved the warmth and textures of it. My aunt asked if she could have it in memory of her brother and the wonderful people who made it for him.

Thank you all so much for bringing comfort to him in his final days.

I was sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, but how wonderful that this project can go on to comfort his sister in her time of need.

I haven't been able to do much lately towards helping with the comfortghans. I have had lots of family projects and am still behind!

I am glad you could do this for your Dad. It was a blessing in his final days.

:hug

Archived