We did it!!!

With help from Sandra2469 and her daughter and my mom, we were able to crochet (knit for my mom!) 22 hats and scarves for my sister-in law's kindergarten class. She gave them to them Friday and they were so excited to wear them out to recess. When they came in they took them off to give back to my sister-in-law; she explained to them that these were THEIRS to KEEP. They could not believe it!! I have some great pictures which I will share as soon as I can.

Even better, I asked my sister-in-law if this was something she would need every year and she said that it would be a good idea as many of the kids barely have coats let alone hats and scarves!! So I told her I would start NOW working on these so we don't have 22 to do in a month and a half!! LOL! Her good friend who teaches another kindergarten class there is interested in our doing it for her class too! The Camo ones for the boys were the most popular - so we will be making lots of those next time!!

I'm so very thankful the Lord gave me this talent to share with someone like these kids!! I'm even more thankful for the talented folks here at Crochetville that share their talents and time with them as well!! You guys are Awesome!!:manyheart

I have to tell you - I had so much fun working on this project! When I found the camo yarn, I couldn't resist doing one set...but I already had yarn in other "boy" colors, so that was the last set I completed.

If you haven't been crocheting for a charitable group, I highly recommend it. It was very rewarding for me to help out & I'll be glad to do it again!

its so wonderful to know how much they loved their hats when so many of us have made things for family or friends and the hard work doesnt seem to even matter to them at times then to hear about this and how appreciated they were makes it all worth while my daughter and her hubby were here with the kids tonight for a bit i found out not only are the round ripples i worked on so hard for them are in their closet and not on the back of their chairs as they said they would put them and SIL has taken bailey's away from her says she gets too hot in it ok its winter time and its cold sooooooo maybe i missed something well anyway i have a square ready to go out and daughter asked me what that was i told her about the comfortghans and she said oh thats nice i said yea its a great feeling to help someone out and to know how much it is appreciated and loved i felt their glares at each other knowing i meant that dig at them and i got them well just had to share that

Janny

Archived