Crochet magazine

I subscribe to Interweave Crochet because I think it represents innovation in crochet. It includes good articles, for example in the current issue Doris Chan wrote about gauge. Past articles have included one by Marty Miller on the foundation sc/dc that is the single best thing I have seen on this technique, and one by Edie Eckman on join-as-you go demonstrated with different-sized motifs. Besides the articles, I think the designs are very attractive. The patterns are clearly written, with good schematics of the shaping and measurements of the pieces, and stitch diagrams supplement the written directions. I also like the ads for different yarns, and patterns from yarn companies, and hooks and notions. You can see things from the magazine here http://www.interweavecrochet.com/default.asp

I also subscribe to Crochet! because it is included in CGOA membership, but I like it less than IC.

I like Crochet World. They have a variety of patterns in every issue.

I'm not much of a wearable person, so I don't really like Crochet! and the others.

Crochet Today is very good too, with a variety of different skill patterns in each issue.

:manyheart

I have a subscription to Crochet Today, and my subscription to Interweave Crochet just expired :eek

I don't have the funds to renew it right now...but will probably once my job gets kicking.

I like the Crochet Today better, because it has patterns for everybody, but the yarn suggestions are all RedHeart (b/c thats who puts the mag out). I have gotten Crochet World and it seems to have a good selection of patterns too. My problem is none of the stores in my area carry ANY of the crochet mags...plenty of knitting, scrapbooking, etc. though.

I love Crochet World and have subscribed to it for years. I get Crochet as part of my membership in the Crochet Guild of America. I don't like it as well. For my taste the fashion patterns are not what I would wear. True I'm a plus size and most of the fashions are for the smaller women. But then I have lived long enough to see what was fashionable one year was the next year's no no. Clotheswise I just buy what I like and what I think looks good on me no matter what the fashion mavens say is the latest style or color. Crochet Today is another one that I do like. They have something for everyone in it. I just don't have the funds for it right now as my subscription to Crochet World is due.

I get three. Crochet World, Crochet Today and Quick & Easy Crochet. My favorites are the first two, Quick & Easy Crochet I will let expire. What a waste of money that was for me. It's a very thin mag with only a few patterns in each issue and I never liked any of them.

Crochet World....I like the diversity of patterns. The others is a pick and choose thing with me. If one of them has a large number of patterns that I am interested in, I will buy it off the newsstand. Most of the time, I can't justify the expense for the purchase. Interweave is an expensive magazine in my opinion.

I do have my favorite designers though and look for their patterns in all of them.

MC

I just took out a subscription to Crochet Today! :clap I have never seen a crochet magazine in the uk since I started crocheting 6 months ago :angry Even in the big bookshops !!! I was in WH Smiths today which is a big newsagents and they had 6 knitting magazines, some on cross stitch and some patchwork but no crochet!!!! So I have taken out a subscription on line! Can't wait for my first issue! :hook

I love Crochet Today because it has such cute patterns (I think you can get a free issue of it too) and I like Interweave but it has too many wearables for me.... I don't like making sweaters that much but maybe I will get brave one day. Crochet Today has Amiguri and kids stuff too which is great.

I love Crochet today and Crochet World. I've never seen a copy of Quick and Easy. Is it more like my favorites or modern and sophisticated like Interweave?

Quick & Easy Crochet is more like the classic patterns of Crochet World than the trendy wearables of Interweave. I paid $30 for a 6 issue subscription. :eek My niece is a girl scout and they were selling subscriptions and Quick & Easy Crochet was in there so I thought what the heck, I'll try it. Here's a link to the publisher's site that sells it. The price is a little lower now but still, I'm not renewing. Crochet Today and Crochet World are a better bang for the buck.

http://grassrootsmag.com/queacrinc.html

Quick & Easy Crochet is more like the classic patterns of Crochet World than the trendy wearables of Interweave. I paid $30 for a 6 issue subscription. :eek My niece is a girl scout and they were selling subscriptions and Quick & Easy Crochet was in there so I thought what the heck, I'll try it. Here's a link to the publisher's site that sells it. The price is a little lower now but still, I'm not renewing. Crochet Today and Crochet World are a better bang for the buck.

http://grassrootsmag.com/queacrinc.html

Thanks! Looks like it is on sale for $21.97!

Hey ladies! I was thinking of subscribing to a crochet magazine, so I was wondering which mags you all subscribe to and why?
Interweave. I can always find something I love and if you belong to the cgoa iti is 19.00 instead of 21 something.

Crochet Today and Crochet World are my favorites. I was so excited last year when I saw that Q&E Crochet was being published again. It used to be my favorite magazine. But I'm with Craw...total waste of money :irk It used to be a great one but it has really gone downhill.

If you go to Barnes & Nobles, or Borders, you can see what's out there, and maybe thumb through and take a peek. Or, for a few months, buy an issue of a different mag each month, until you find the one(s) that you like the most.

Archived