LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

Has anyone else seen this gorgeous pattern yet?:cheerhttp://cache.lionbrand.com/printablePatterns/80771AD.pdf

I will be starting it this week and would love to make it along with anyone else who also thinks it's gorgeous!!:c9 I even already own the yarn to make it...how perfect is that?!:yes

Please join me!:manyheart

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is beautiful! When I have finished one of my wip I will come and join you. Off to see what I can use from my stash for this. ( No harm in being organized lol)

Thank you for the link. I've saved it for possible making in the spring for the scarf a month CAL. I'm not overly fond of making roses and leaves, but done in assorted spring colors it would be pretty for a spring scarf. Good luck with it.

Just Beautiful. Trying to finish off typing up my first original pattern with instructions so I can work on my Gourmet Crochet (fell so much in love with my Roaked one that I bought another pattern from them, actually 2, as I gave one to DD for Christmas), and now you have me drooling over this scarf, mdf.

:lol, I will never run out of WIM's as long as you are steering me towards these gorgeous projects.

Thank you for the link. I've saved it for possible making in the spring for the scarf a month CAL. I'm not overly fond of making roses and leaves, but done in assorted spring colors it would be pretty for a spring scarf. Good luck with it.

Pink, lavender and yellow roses with pale moss leaves on a blue denim or pale powder blue background was my first visual when I saw this scarf as well. Now this would definitely welcome in spring time. LOL

I'm so happy to see so many others liking this pattern! I'm going to start mine today. I have some Fisherman yarn already (not sure if I have enough though...) so I"m going to do it the way it's done in the pattern. Would love to see what everyone makes using other colors!

LOL, hey Carol....I thought you would like this one too!!

Thank you for the link!!! It is gorgeous. I think I may join you (I just have 2 scarves for grannyannie to finish). I can't decide to go traditional (off-white) or get funky with color. I'll go check my stash.

We're having a snow/ice storm this afternoon so I'm getting my cleaning done early and planning to work on the scarf since I won't be driving anywhere. I've read the directions and it looks really quick and easy...my kind of pattern!

Kim your right the pattern does read as quick. I'm adding some width to mine and making more of a shawl out of it. I think I have enough yarn. I bought some "Lima" from Lincraft a few months ago. It's a wool/ alpaca blend. Very soft and cream colour. Not a scarf person but a shawl can be useful.

Be back later hopefully with a photo of my progress.

I am trying so hard not to join this CAL but I just keep reading every time I see it bolded in the reading list. :sigh

I would really love to see it done in the pastels. If you post that pic, you might just reach critical mass and I would have to join (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, cough, ahem :rofl )

Pauline, that yarn sounds wonderful! I'm making mine as a scarf this time because I'm not sure if I have enough yarn but I'm planning to make it as a wrap/shawl after this one with a softer yarn. I'm about a quarter done on the scarf and it works up real quick!

I am trying so hard not to join this CAL but I just keep reading every time I see it bolded in the reading list. :sigh

I would really love to see it done in the pastels. If you post that pic, you might just reach critical mass and I would have to join (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, cough, ahem :rofl )

Awww...c'mon Darski....you know you want too!! :devil

is anyone planning to make this with a single strand instead. I think I would like that more delicate look myself...

Well I would if I were joining in here... um... er... where is that peachy yarn I have in my stash.. oh look! here it is right here. :wlol

Ok, I'm in but only in single strands.

is anyone planning to make this with a single strand instead. I think I would like that more delicate look myself...

Well I would if I were joining in here... um... er... where is that peachy yarn I have in my stash.. oh look! here it is right here. :wlol

Ok, I'm in but only in single strands.

I knew we could lure you in.......:yes And I am using a single strand and it's coming out just fine. My fisherman wool yarn is a little heavier weight than the LB yarn they are using so I'm doing single strand....and hopefully have enough by doing it that way! :crocheting

This scarf will look wonderful in peach!:clap

Ok! as always I'm never satisfied with working the pattern as is.:lol So I have fiddled around and decided I might have enough wool to make a triangular shawl. I don't have enough to just double the width as is. I didn't relise until I looked it up how many metres are in the recommended balls. So my 10 balls is equivilant to 3 1/2 of Fisherman. So I'm hoping the triangle will give me better distance. Fingers crossed.

Here is my progress so far.

3175765723_0436e4711a_t.jpg

photo is clickable

Lima alpaca wool DK weight using double strand and 6:00mm hook.

I am quite curious to see who's using color and who's going traditional...

I have some Wool of the Andes in forest heather I could use for the body of the scarf, and cranberry heather and amethyst heather for the flowers and fern for the leaves, but I'm still not quite sure, ecru will look so fabulous! ... And, LB is on sale at Joann this week... oh my poor stashbusting score :ohdear

Hi Alice, I am doing mine traditional, I already had some Fishermans wool (not LB) in my stash and this pattern is perfect for using it up...but I'm planning my next one in wool, with colors!

Doing mine in single strand Ecru colored, but I am playing with the idea of doing Roses and leaves in another shade. On row 13 this AM when company showed up, and then did some pics and proof reading of my own scarf pattern. (Gourmet Crochet shelved til these two are done.) :lol not as good at multi-tasking as I used to be...

Archived