LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

Darski your colour scheme sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see.

I on the other hand have not done anymore on this. I need to dig it out and slot it back in the rotation.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm leaning toward chocolate brown for the base, cream for the picot edging, crimson for the roses (with button centers), and kelly green leaves

Wow! Like the sound of this colour scheme too.

Hi was just wondering is everyone using 2 threads. I tried the rose and leaves yesterday, they were very large. I converted amercian pattern to australian. Then i was thinking maybe the wool i used was to thick. Was wondering if someone could measure their rose length and leaf length for me. I could have it right am just not use to such big things. :think

i then tried to felt the rose and leaf :yes Well what a disaster :rofl so i am back to starting over again.

My hubby told me (with a horrified look on his face that he would not be walking beside me if i was going to have those things hanging of me. :tryme

So now i am going to make it anyway just to annoy him. :devil

I didn't like the roses double stranded either... so I did single.

I have done the scarf in single strand with worsted weight, and double strand with a brushed sport weight. I like both

Leanne,

I think you will love this scarf in cream:manyheart... I really like mine. Also, many of us have toned down on the number of roses.

enjoy the project! It is a really fun pattern!:yes

I did a couple of the roses with one strand, and yeah, they are a little loud for what I am looking for. I think I will try a rose bud instead, I do however like the leaves. I was thinking to have those going around the collar on the jacket. I will have to get more yarn as I am working with my last skein and still have the arms to do. I really like the moss stitch as a secondary stitch to the irish lace one. I am taking pictures, just trying to figure out how to post them on here next.

Here's what I have so far:

The body of the scarf is done in RHSS Buff Fleck. The trim isn't done on the scarf.

I have 1 large leaf and 1 rose done. The roses are being done in RHSS #0336 Warm Brown and the leaves are being done in RHSS 0661 Frosty Green.

I don't really like the colors because I don't think they match very well. I tried darker browns/greens but they didn't look good either. I think the Buff Fleck is something that just doesn't match with very many other colors but that's JMO. I'm out of the BF so I can't make the leaves and flowers the same color.

My daughter says she likes the color combo and it's for her so I'll finish it and then do another scarf with different colors.

I left a really long tail on the rose center and when done weaving it in I stuffed the rest in the center instead of using fiberfill.

Scarf1.jpg

Scarf2.jpg

ScarfRoseLeaf2.jpg

Okay I am nearing the end, I can feel it. I have gotten the back and sides attached and then one arm completely finished and am working on the other arm to just below the elbow. So I will just need to finish the collar, then edge the jacket. I will need to wash and then block it. This is my first wearable I have designed and made so I am kind of excited. Was wondering if I can post it on Rivalry or facebook then link it here. Will be finished soon I can feel it.

As many of you know, I broke my hook yesterday with just one more row to go. But luckily, I have another egg hook in the same size. Took me a good part of last night to find it and was able to finish the last row of irish lace, and have decreased it to the moss stitch that I am using for the lower part of the arm. So with a bit of a hic up I am back on track. Once I get the arm finished, all that will be left is the back of the collar and the edging. I am not too crazy over the egg hook, but will try to see if I can use it to finish the jacket while Jimbo repairs my beloved hook.

Que, It really is a pretty color combination choice. I see why your Daughter loves it.

Que, love your color combination!!

I finally decided to frog my scarf....just couldn't stand working with the Fishermans yarn and even worse, wearing it...scratttchhhyyyy! :(So now I'm looking at some of my softer nicer yarns and am going to restart this week.:cheer

I finished my jacket, well sort of.... I am not sure if I should put the rusebud and leaves on it or not. SOoo, I am going to ask everyones thoughts on this. The only way I can post is through facebook so I don't know if everyone will be able to see it or not. Please let me know that as well.

First is the jacket with the Rosebud and leaves

?action=view&current=IMG_0274.jpghttp://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/katsalas/?action=view&current=IMG_0274.jpg

This one is the plain jacket:

http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/katsalas/?action=view&current=IMG_0275.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0275.jpg

Darski, what a great idea....I can just make the leaves and rosebud into a brooch, then depending on what my mood is, I can change it around. I just love that Idea.

Ladies, :ty :ty for the comments, they are much appreciated. Well I am off to work on my Nappy cakes...yes that is plural, two friends are both pregnant due at the same time. Joy.. And since they are both near and dear to my heart with their first child I really want to go the extra step to make them quite a large nappy cake that doesn't include diapers, just handmade items. And I have already picked the colors for each Mom to be. I will also be making a quilt for the base of the cake. I think the planning is more fun that making the darling things.

Archived