Foxs Coral Square - Free Pattern

SmoothFox

I hope you enjoy this free pattern. It's really very easy.

3148895074_8c96641c96.jpg

Red Heart Super Saver 4 ply medium worsted

Color A: Light Coral

Color B: Pale Yellow

Color C: White

Hook Size: H 5.00 MM

Square Size: 7” x 7”

Special Stitches:

Spike Stitch: Working in front of ch-1 sp, tr in indicated stitch below. ALWAYS SKIP THE CH-1 SP BEHIND THE SPIKE STITCH.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Using color A, ch 4 and join to make a ring or use the Magic Adjustible Ring (see www.crochetpatterncentral.com under tutorials).

Round 1: In ring ch 3 (counts as dc), 15 dc’s in ring. Join with sl st to top of beginning ch-3. (16 dc)

Round 2: Ch 4, tr in same st, * tr in next st, 2 tr in each of the next 2 sts, ch 2, ** 2 tr in next st. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch 4. Finish off color A. (28 tr)

Round 3: Join color B with a sl st in any corner, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner, * (ch 1, sk 1 st, dc in next 2 sts) twice, ch 1, sk last st, ** (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch 3. Finish off color B. (32 dc, 12 ch-1 sps)

Round 4: Join color C with a sl st in any corner, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner, * ch 1, sk 2 sts, (spike st [see special stitches] in skipped st from round 2 below, dc in next 2 sts) repeat once, spike st in skipped st from round 2 below, ch 1, sk last 2 sts, ** (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-3. Finish off color C. (12 tr, 40 dc, 8 ch-1 sps)

Round 5: Join color A with a sl st in any corner, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner, * sk 1 st, dc in next 2 sts, spike st in 2nd corner st below, ch 1, sk 1 tr, (dc in next 2 sts, ch 1, sk 1 tr) repeat once , spike st in 1st corner st below, dc in next 2 sts, sk last st, ** (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-3. Finish off color A. (8 tr, 48 dc, 12 ch-1 sps)

Round 6: Join color C with a sl st in any corner, ch 3, (2dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner, * sk 1 st, dc in next 4 sts, spike st in sk st below, (dc in next 2 sts, spike st in sk st below) repeat once , dc in next 4 sts, sk last st, ** (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-3. Finish off color C. (12 tr, 72 dc)

If you have any questions, corrections or problems, please feel free to email me at SmoothFoxLover at Yahoo.com

Donna

Wow, that's a really pretty square! A professor at my school collects 7'' squares that she makes into baby blankets for the local hospital. I'll definetely make this one to give to her :)

Archived