Rooster Lid Grabber/Hot Pad--I Made a Red One, too...

Mom w/a Motif

I went to an antique/collectible store here I had seen advertised/been wanting to go to, finally. Well my husband and all the kids were with me (you know how that is--- not exactly 'fun'.... 'are you done yet?' :blush) Anyway, I did find a really cool rooster hotpad and I had to buy it. I haven't seen anything exactly like it, and I LOVE chicken/rooster hotpads (my kitchen is roosters and apples...) Well yesterday I tried to see if I could make one from it...

th_002-23.jpg

I didn't have any yarn like the kind in the original's tail/cockcomb (? is that what it is called?) So I used black grey & white. I think it turned out pretty cool. Mine is about a half an inch smaller so I will probably use a bigger hook next time. Anyway. Here they are next to each other. (I think the original (the one on the top) is in acrylic, I did mine in cotton.)

th_003-13.jpg

Thanks for looking. :) Edited to add a picture of the red one I made for my kitchen. :hook

th_005-7.jpg

Tina

Well I don't think I could post how I did it. There might be a designer out there or a pattern she (or he?) made the hot pad from, and it could be a copyright infringement if I posted how I did mine. :think

I know Cupcake has similar Casserole Toppers in her etsy store, though. You might try those, they are really cute and one of them is a chicken. HTH. :hook

Oh my i love it do you have a pattern for it if so could you please share. My mom kitchen is in rooster love it love it.

Thanks for making the picture bigger and one in red. Looks like i could make one the body looks like you make a circle body and the a small circle for the head then make a ruffle for the head and tail. I might give it a try.

Looking at the picture, I think the body circle has some more increases in it than a normal flat circle would have--that's what gives it the shape when you fold it in half.

They really are cute, they have personality:hook

Archived