2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:woo

I actually busted a "been hanging around forever waiting to become something" skein. So nice to get rid of one of those :cheer

ha ha... there goes that talking yarn again!!!! LOVE IT! :rofl

What color was it, and what did it decide to be?

ha ha... there goes that talking yarn again!!!! LOVE IT! :rofl

What color was it, and what did it decide to be?

It was pretty mint green and the sticker price was $1.11 for a 3 ounce skein - let's just say it does not have a bar code. :eek

it became a knitted preemie cap.:hook

I am finishing another of those types in a fuzzy (and soft) off white that is now one knitted and one crochet preemie cap. (it was to be hoped that it would make one baby hat and be done (grrrr) but that was not to be after all.

:rofl

Finally I busted a big skein, so +2 for this week. I forgot to post last week, but I just had a 0 so it didn't matter. I have been working on a tote bag, and a purse all for the same skein. Yeah, they are done, :cheer except for the lining :eek.

Well, I got quite a bit done yesterday. I was with DH getting a PET scan done. Should find out in a couple of days how he's doing. Anyway, I did manage to knock out 2 skeins of yarn and I completed the cut away cardi except for the border. I made it for DD and she wants something different, of course. Anyway, her Idea was to make the sleeves longer and then she could cuff them, and she is looking at trims and borders for something she likes there. SO that project is on hold till she decides how I am to finish it. I did start on my Son's blanket, and he is helping me with it. It is just a chess Board done in 8 1/2 inch granny squares. Something simple for him to do. So total for this week

WTD +8 and counting

It was pretty mint green and the sticker price was $1.11 for a 3 ounce skein - let's just say it does not have a bar code. :eek

it became a knitted preemie cap.:hook

I am finishing another of those types in a fuzzy (and soft) off white that is now one knitted and one crochet preemie cap. (it was to be hoped that it would make one baby hat and be done (grrrr) but that was not to be after all.

:rofl

:heehee hee hee! I have lots of those no bar code skeins, too! And a few bags that my gram got for me at yard sales some years ago... Now... if they'd only start talkin' :rofl

your caps sound nice...and 2 hats for 1 :yarn always works! :yes

Well, I got quite a bit done yesterday. I was with DH getting a PET scan done. Should find out in a couple of days how he's doing. Anyway, I did manage to knock out 2 skeins of yarn and I completed the cut away cardi except for the border. I made it for DD and she wants something different, of course. Anyway, her Idea was to make the sleeves longer and then she could cuff them, and she is looking at trims and borders for something she likes there. SO that project is on hold till she decides how I am to finish it. I did start on my Son's blanket, and he is helping me with it. It is just a chess Board done in 8 1/2 inch granny squares. Something simple for him to do. So total for this week

WTD +8 and counting

Wow, Tracey! You ARE quick!

Can't wait to see what DD decides for the cardi... you are a very creative bunch over there!:yes

... AND, I hope DH is ok :hug

Wow, everyone sounds like they have huge stashes

Mandi, I am lucky I didn't have to count up all the yarn I already had stashed to join or I would be in a heap of hurt with my YTD score... Sure does help get me into the positive though. But I still manage to buy yarn I don't really need, rather just want to pet from time to time. :rofl

well I finished 4 skeins of cotton yarn :yay for me :cheer:clap so my score for today +8 and it's been 3 days that I've gone without buying yarn that's a record for me :yay

What are saltines? Little squares?

Saltines are little 2" squares, generally 9 will be connected together to make a larger square. You can get some very interesting patterns from the small saltines Some look like a quilt afghan when finished.

Happy Dance! The UPS truck finally stopped at my house! I can't believe how many skeins of yarn were stuffed into that little box. 55 beautiful, soft, snuggly skeins -- doncha LOVE the new-yarn smell? :manyheart:yay:yarn:yarn:yarn

So my WTD nosedives to -105, and my YTD goes to -84. :eek

Do ya think I can get out of the negatives by the end of April?:yes

:drool

ooooh, Beth! I am soooo jealous! All that new yarn to pet!

I bet you'll have it busted by the end of April for sure! :yes

Enjoy your prizes!:yay:yarn:yay:yarn:yay

Hmmm, Beth our next Shoot the moon winner.... You know we are all just jealous of your great stash building skills. How nice it would be to see a box of 55 skeins of soft cuddly yarn in my living room for me to play with, run my fingers through, dream of great patterns to apply it to. Sorry for going on, Must I forget, the object of this CAL is to lose our stash.

On one last note, I managed to win a couple of skeins on ebay, I know it not like I need it, but it was there and it was lonely, and and I wanted to come home and play with me. So I bought and I will pay for it later with my stash busting score. But hopefully not that much.

Archived