Ever just follow your impulses??

I tend to be a very impulsive person. It can be a very good thing- I generate ideas quicker than Quick Draw McGraw can...quickly draw. (Hmm...that sounded better in my head.)

Because of this, I tend to have quite a few WIP's. I do generally finish them, though, which is a good thing. However, I've often put down something I've been working on to start on something new. Drives my hubby up the wall. Ha!

Have any of you ever done things like that? How about in things other than crochet? Again...I'm a pretty impulsive person. Yesterday......... I CHOPPED OFF MY HAIR. A good foot, actually. Just on a whim.

Thankfully, my hubby approved. :) (Seriously...whew!)

I blogged and posted a pic here... Now I don't have to keep fiddling with it while I crochet...I can just crochet away and put away my hair ties for a good couple of months. (My hair grows INSANELY fast...I think I'm part Yeti.)

It is so cute!! Great haircut.

I am a very impulsive person, too, when it comes to almost everything- shopping, crochet, you name it. It drives my hubby nuts because he is very methodical and well-planned. I find that being well-planned is boring. :lol

On a side note- I read that you are a nutritionist by education- may I ask how long you were in school for that? Also if you found a job easily? I am dying to go back to school for a nutritionist/dietetics program but have read that it is very difficult to find jobs in that field.

I'm totally like that. I lose interest in things quickly. Well, projects anyway. And it's not just with crocheting. When I work on a portrait, I have to be in a certain mindset for it. For instance, I'm working on a portrait of my cousins for my aunt for Christmas. It's been sitting unfinished in my room for about two weeks. It also happens if I don't like how something is coming along. If I don't like the way it is looking, I just stop, and usually never finish it..

I am totally that way!! I think I must have some sort of adult ADD, seriously!!

But I really liked your haircut........WOW I personally LOVE short hair, unfortunately when my hair is short it makes my face look fat(ter)...........LOL

ABsolutely impulsive. Just last weekend I had a hair cut, and had a LOT more taken off than I had left the house planning. I really like how it looks and wish like CRAZY I had the guts (and the face shape) to get it cut really short! I did it... once. No impulse would make me repeat that fiasco :eek

That is a spectacular haircut. I really think you look better in short hair, but then when you are beautiful, like you are, you look great in any style.

I know what you mean about WIP's, I have so many of them going right now and really want to start a new one. I will finish all of them eventually, though.

I tend to be a very impulsive person. It can be a very good thing- I generate ideas quicker than Quick Draw McGraw can...quickly draw. (Hmm...that sounded better in my head.)

Because of this, I tend to have quite a few WIP's. I do generally finish them, though, which is a good thing. However, I've often put down something I've been working on to start on something new. Drives my hubby up the wall. Ha!

Have any of you ever done things like that? How about in things other than crochet? Again...I'm a pretty impulsive person. Yesterday......... I CHOPPED OFF MY HAIR. A good foot, actually. Just on a whim.

Thankfully, my hubby approved. :) (Seriously...whew!)

I blogged and posted a pic here... Now I don't have to keep fiddling with it while I crochet...I can just crochet away and put away my hair ties for a good couple of months. (My hair grows INSANELY fast...I think I'm part Yeti.)

Yes I am impulsive. But I considerate to be spontanious, lol. I am the same way, what ever hits me at the moment, I go with the flow. Yes it drives my hubby up the wall too, but hes gotten used to it by now, lol.

I knew I wasn't the only one! Yes, Cliffnote, I consider it to be spontaneous, too. :) Gumby, congrats on the phone! Unplanned purchases can be a good thing (especially if they are free!)

It is so cute!! Great haircut.

I am a very impulsive person, too, when it comes to almost everything- shopping, crochet, you name it. It drives my hubby nuts because he is very methodical and well-planned. I find that being well-planned is boring. :lol

On a side note- I read that you are a nutritionist by education- may I ask how long you were in school for that? Also if you found a job easily? I am dying to go back to school for a nutritionist/dietetics program but have read that it is very difficult to find jobs in that field.

Stacy, about nutrition. I find that it's actually a very diverse field. You can work in a hospital, a nursing home, have your own business, work in sports nutrition (even for a professional team!), corporate nutrition, school nutrition, you can teach (like in high school or college), do seminars, write books, consult- the possibilities are immense!

As for schooling, however, in addition to a BS in Food/Nutrition/Dietetics, you do need at least an internship to obtain your RD (Registered Dietitian), and/or your Master's Degree. I found that being a hospital dietitian was a little frustrating. You don't get paid as well as nurses yet (usually) have more education requirements. And, doctors don't necessarily respect your advise. Also, insurances don't usually cover Nutrition services (some do, thankfully, but usually just diabetic care.)

I've worked in Public Health (a nutritionist for WIC), in sports nutrition (as a Nutritionist for the YMCA), and am going to be a freelance Nutritionist for a Physical Therapy practice some people from my church own. It's nearly impossible to find a job with only a BS- that's the issue. You do need post-graduate work in order to be a "real" Dietitian and/or Nutritionist. Unlike other fields like Nursing or Engineering, you are not a "real" Dietitian after graduating from college. That part kinda stinks, but until there is an undergrad program that combines the internship requirements along with all the other schooling requirements, you do need to do post-grad work.

Let me know if you have any other questions! We can take it off-line if necessary.

You look great ;)

I used to be impulsive with my hair too but after several short cuts that left me in tears I'm not so much anymore :lol I still occasionally have nightmares that I cut my hair off & hate it :lol

Well, since I actually have ADHD I'm excused *s*. And having acceptet my ADHD it doesn't bother me as much any longer either.

Embrace your creativity and frog when you get a new idea for that particular yarn.

Next time you cut off so much hair, you should consider donating it to make wigs for women undergoing chemo. Two of my nieces had done that. Contact any cancer organization to find out the rules and regulations. I know they don't accept dyed hair. They may want it to be a certain length and tied off a certain way. I think it's a wonderful

thing to do if you have long hair.

Archived