Nice compliment!

I made some woolly hats for our Christmas bazaar, which a colleague organises every year. She stopped to thank me today, saying that everyone loved them (well, let's be honest: who doesn't love a woolly hat with bobbles at this time of year, eh?) and told me that all the little old ladies who organise the bazaar had marvelled at my neat stitches.

Non-crocheter: "Hahaha! Old ladies! Neat stitches! Whoa! Way to go! Sneer, sneer!"

Crocheter: "Little old ladies = a tough crowd to please. But little old crafting ladies = the cruellest of judges. Neat stitches = the highest of praises. Am I worthy of the honour??"

Hurray! :clap What a compliment! It made my day! Isn't it nice to receive a simple, sincere compliment from a fellow crafter?

Thanks girls! I knew you'd understand!

When I got home from school that day I cornered DH and announced, "Bridget's old ladies said I have neat stitches!"

He just looked at me and said, "I didn't actually understand a single word of what you've just said, but I'm guessing neat stitches is a good thing, right?"

See what I mean about a non-crafter just not getting it? :lol:lol:lol

Archived