mentioned in my local newspaper

A civic organization I am in recently donated hygeine and cleaning supplies to our local domestic violence shelter. I crocheted several dishcloths to go along with it. Our newspaper did a story on it and mentioned my dishcloths specifically and me by name. Here's the not so gret part: they said my dishcloths were hand KNIT!!! Oh well, at least I know that the dishcloths were appreciated!

A civic organization I am in recently donated hygeine and cleaning supplies to our local domestic violence shelter. I crocheted several dishcloths to go along with it. Our newspaper did a story on it and mentioned my dishcloths specifically and me by name. Here's the not so gret part: they said my dishcloths were hand KNIT!!! Oh well, at least I know that the dishcloths were appreciated!

WOW thanks for the great idea! I'm so glad I read this post! I sell Avon & am trying to bump up my next order (for purely selfish reasons!) and ran out of things that I wanted to order (really, I was picking out cr*p I don't need and might only use once, maybe) - this is a perfect solution! I will go back thru my books and pick out soap, deodrant, shower gel etc (whatever is on sale) and donate it.

Can I ask, did you do up the items in baskets or sets or just drop off a box of stuff?

Goodness this just solved a huge problem for me! Thanks again for sharing your frustration! lol

Fran

head2towpets2go, this year we just boxed it all up. Last year we used gift bags and made indivudual bags for ladies who were staying there. Since this year we were doing cleaning and hygiene stuff that would be used by the whole house we did not do individual bags. I'm glad we inspired you!

Archived