Divine Doggie Sweater...

Frazzled

This is a little red dog sweater that I made for a friend who found a small dog along the road. She just knew that when winter came, her new little doggie, now named Bailey, would need a red sweater to compliment her black and white fur!

Here's a positively Divine sweater, designed and created for Bailey, in cherry red with red/black eyelash trim around the edges, and ribbed sleeves and neck. I didn't use a pattern for this one, and sort of just made it up as I went along. The body of the sweater is HDC*, and the ribbed neck and sleeves are SC* in the back loops. It's being modeled by the one and only Lola.

l_4c9bf93ce26d4a30b5ff11dd95c913ff.jpg

l_9bac13d884e743e2b8228cfd4a22a82f.jpg

Now I've got to get to work on a sweater for Lola! She doesn't like the cold at all, and she's been strutting around all afternoon in this one like she's something special! She's got a rude awakening when I take it off, wash it, and send it off to it's new owner!

Thanks all!

Lola is a great little doggie. I never would have thought a pug would be such a great pet, but she's just amazing, even when she's being terrorized by my 2.5 year old daughter!

Frazzled, what pattern did you use? I have a friend with an old pug whom I've made two cape-like sweaters for, but the belly band is in the way of his, er, male part. I'm not sure how he would like having something slide over his head, but early mornings in winter out here are way too cold for an old gent like him. Your pattern might be a better option. Patty

Frazzled, what pattern did you use? I have a friend with an old pug whom I've made two cape-like sweaters for, but the belly band is in the way of his, er, male part. I'm not sure how he would like having something slide over his head, but early mornings in winter out here are way too cold for an old gent like him. Your pattern might be a better option. Patty

Patty, I didn't use a pattern... :blush I just made it to fit Lola (and Bailey, who's the same size)...

Lola is adorable!! I can't wait for my mom's pug(Gretchen) to have a litter so I can take one home! Your sweater is gorgous! I guess I should try to make some doggy sweaters for my mom's puggy, they live in the country and the wind is terrible.

You have a lucky friend to receive such a cute sweater!

Archived