Hexagonal Afghan Pattern

yarnjeannie

I had seen the mellybelly had made your pattern for this afghan and decided to give it a whirl what a neat pattern I just started and found it is hard to put down the afghan just one more row before you know it is late. I am making this out of yarn I had left over from a fall ripple afghan I made. When I get it done I will post the a picture of it completed. Just wanted you to know what a great pattern. I use to make lots of squares and ripples patterns now I love making hexagon patterns to. Next is the star patterns in the round.

I want to thank you for a great pattern.

• 4 weeks later...

I do LOVE this pattern. I have nearly finished 2 this wk for the local nursing home. works up so quickly and doesn' strain the gray matter.

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished mine with scraps and using a larger hook, I bordered it with a dc rib stitch to make it more masculine. I sorted my scraps and pulled out all of the earthy tones. Then I sorted them by weight. I started with the lightest and made each stripe with the next larger size ball. When I got to the last three stripes, then I had to use whole skeins of yarn.

Here are the photos:

hexghan1.jpg

hexghan2.jpg

Archived