Mission Task - Request for assistance

kidge

All~

Mission Sunday was held recently at our church and I was amazed to find that I am the only person that crochets or knits. When I went I thought I would be part of a group crocheting items. I got an amazing amount of interest in "lapghans, prayer shawls, and comfortghans" that the church can distribute to those who are grieving and healing for many different reasons.

I know everyone on the boards are spectacularly generous, I am making it my "mission to donate" 30 items to the church by New Eve's Year.

Each Item should have a "sticker or tag" so that our member knows where the amazing gesture generates. I have 3 afghans and 1 shawl already done. Also pictures will be posted in this thread of each generous gift.

EDIT: Because I have gotten responses that they are able to commit after the holidays. I have adjusted my mission. I hope to be able to contribute 15 items this year by New Year's Eve. Then this will be an ongoing task for me it will be a year long commitment in the year 2009, with me donating 50 items by November 15th 2009. Anyone that would like to contribute I know the items will be richly cherished. I will keep a ticker in my signature line so people can see our progress

I am asking if you are able to assist me to please PM me.

:hug

Kidget, I bet there are some others there who would like to learn how to knit or crochet to make things with you. I hope so, anyway! Any teens there interested?

Yeah I have volunteered to teach a crochet class to teach basic granny squares to those interested.

So I am hopeful.

Kidget, I bet there are some others there who would like to learn how to knit or crochet to make things with you. I hope so, anyway! Any teens there interested?

I can send you a shawl however it happens to be knitted is that okay? I was messing around with teaching myself and this was a great simple pattern. I'm new here so how do I know where to send it?:scrachin

I found you:clap not sure how i overlooked this one:blush

If we have any lapghans after the seniors party on 12/19 I will be able to help you. In the mean time I will see what i can come up with;)

I think I would like to make a prayer shawl have not made one in a few months:manyheart

Thank you very much Sissie. Good Luck with your Party.

If we have any lapghans after the seniors party on 12/19 I will be able to help you. In the mean time I will see what i can come up with;)

I think I would like to make a prayer shawl have not made one in a few months:manyheart

Did someone say sometimers? :rofl

Are you looking for items for childredn or adults.? I have a lot of very bright kid's yarn and could make up a couple of ghans. If it is only adults then I can do that too. PM your address and I will get started.

Linda:)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am still accepting them.

I am delivering them to the Church on December 20th. And I will be collecting items all year in 2009 so if I have delivered them for this year I will gladly place in with my items for next year.

I received a fabulous prayer shawl from Karen today it is so soft and cuddly.

I will post pictures as soon as I can get my camera to cooperate.

Thank you so much :hug

Archived