teacup chi sized/ puppy sized sweater

2e0ti4y.jpg

RULES FOR USING THIS PATTERN

You may not sell this pattern! It is mine and I wrote it out to help people with small dogs because it is hard to find clothes for dogs this tiny. You may modify this pattern to fit your dog. You may link to it but not copy and paste the pattern on other sites.

This is the second pattern I write out. I have corrected some errors, but there may still be some.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone with a small dog!

materials used

g size hook

worsted weight varigated yarn

main sweater:

~chain 39 and join with sl st at the first chain.

round 1: ch 1. sc in same ch as sl join and in every stitch around (39)

rnd 2: mark where first stitch is and continue single crocheting without a slip stitch for second round. if you like, you can join, but i didn't cause i don't like the seam thing that slip stitch leaves. (39)

rnd 3: sc in the next 3 sc, chain 10, skip next 9 sc's and sc in the next st. sc in the next 14 sc's. ch 10 skip next 9 sc's and sc in the next st. sc in the next 2 sc and start new round (39)

rnd 4: sc in the next 3 sc's, sc 9 around ch 10 sp, sc in 15 sc's, sc 9 around ch 10 sp, sc in next 2 sc's. (39)

rnd 5- 21: sc in each sc around (39)

bind off when it is the desired length. 21 rounds should be around the right length if you want it shorter or longer, just add more rows. if it is too small, you could go up a hook size or do HDC's instead of SC's.

optional hood:

i wanted a hood on mine, i was just making this as i went so, it came out pretty loose.

row 1: attach yarn with a sc at 4 loops into the arm hole area at the top of the sweater. sc in the next 23 st's. ch 1 turn.

row 2-12: sc in every sc. ch 1. turn

row 13: sc in next 6 st, dec, sc in next 7 st, dec, sc in next 6 st. ch 1. turn.

row 14-16: sc until you reach dec and then dec, sc until you reach next dec and sc in each stitch till you get to the end. ch 1, turn.

this should make the hood big enough to go over your dog's head. bind off. fold the top of the hood in half and sew it together.

Edited for errors.

Edited by Sugarcoatedlies
  • Like 4

oh my chi is about 2.5 lbs, it might work up for you if you used a bigger hook.

if you have the chain ring and it can go comfortably over the dog's head, then the rest of the sweater will most likely fit :P

awwww this is cute and a very cute puppy....

I have a 8 week old daschund puppy and need a sweater pattern for him. I have came across a couple ones and they worked up nicely but, am still looking for more since he's going to work with me this winter.

thanks!

Awhh, little chi is so adorable. Love the little sweater too! It makes me want another chihuahua, our little chi got very sick last year, we had to put him down. He was almost 15 years old. I still miss him! It is very hard to find small clothing for chihuahuas. Great job! Judy

Wow, was just doing a search for something on the "tiny" side. I have a 3lb yorkie. I'll give it a try. Thanks:clap Your Chi looks cute in the hoodie!

• 2 weeks later...

I may have to reduce in size a bit, but my dd just rescued a 2.9lb miniature dacshund puppy. He was abused and has a sprained leg and fractured trachea, but will be fine our vet says. Luckily, I have a tiny t-shirt that fits Beanie Weenie now.

At 2.9 lbs you might actually have to increase! my baby's 2.5 lbs and it'a bit big on her.

So sad that he was abused :( this sweater has a big neck hole so it won't damage his neck :)

BTW no such thing as a teacup chi. A chihauhau is a chihauhau is a chihauhau. (I use to show and breed them.) lol opps didn't realize someone already pointed that out.

Very very cute sweater. As soon as I am done with Christmas I got to make one for my 2 1/2 pound chi.

Lol I know that, but it just makes it easier to call them that. I keep telling people she's just a chihuahua, but they tag on the teacup to it since she's so small. I left it on the title to show it's for very small dogs :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My furbaby is just under 5 lbs and I also have a hard time finding clothes to fit him. He LOVES to wear sweaters, and being a chocolate chi, there are sooooooo many colors I can use. I have also made some fleece jackets for him. Had to come up with those patterns too.