Wood hook users, I need some insight

I own several types of wood hooks. My absolute favorrite is Jimbo's. They are simple and he makes them of several different woods. He has an auction approx. once a month, he makes them in his home workshop and the money goes to help complete a cabin and such on land of his childhood home. http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/ he has some pictures on his blog of the recent auction items.

I have Brittanys, which I have used and loved for years. Some people find the handles uncomfortable, though. I also have some TOTC hooks, which are beautiful and very comfortable to use. I also love the hooks from www.fancykitty.com, and the customer service can't be beat!! Ron is wonderful to work with!

Still eluding me is a Jimbo hook... I will have one someday!!!

Good luck and have fun getting a new hook!

I have a couple of Birch Brittany's and to me, they are just ok. Nothing special. I am just partial to the new ones from Susan Bates, the aluminum and bamboo ones are just great. My new favorite hooks.

:manyheart

Crystal Palace makes bamboo crochet hook that I have not tried, but I love their bamboo knitting needles. Rosewood is also a nice wood for crochet hooks because it is pretty, but I find the bamboo wood seems to work a bit better.

I have a clover bamboo that I love and a palmwood (think that is what it is) from Laurel Hill that is fantastic (great thumb rest and so smooth). I got the laurel hill at my LYS and that was the first time I'd heard of them.

I have 2 Turn of the Century hooks that I love....They are both out of different woods. I do find that they are a little longer than other hooks, but after you use them for a while, you don't even notice. They are definetly worth the money. I have a couple of generic bamboo hooks that are just OK...

I have a set of Rosewood hooks I bought at HL; two handmade hooks I bought at a fiber arts festival and several Jimbo hooks. I Love my Jimbo hooks, particularly the chophook, which you can get for a $10 donation to Friedreich's Ataxia research. Also, Jimbo's promising a new auction soon.

JOyce

Another Jimbo hook owner here........I know he uses all sorts of different wood for his hooks, so I am not sure exactly what it is made from, but I know I love useing it!:hook

Archived