Where can I donate Crochet Hooks?

Tia

I would call your local Office on Aging. Alot of times the seniors do crocheting for charity and such and could probably use them. I donated a whole bunch of yarn and also plastic canvas and they were thrilled to have it.

Good luck find a home for the hooks!

Thanks Kris, good ideas.

How about someone who teaches underprivileged/sick children/teens/adults to crochet to help them get through an illness, recover from addiction/abuse or other hardship?

I donated some knitting needles to a woman who teaches cancer patients in a long-term care facility to knit. Something like that.

To me!! Just kidding just kidding!! :hahaI would see if any senior homes around you have people that crochet. Or possibly a therapy place?? I think you would just have to bust out the phone book and call around to be honest.

I was going to suggest the Prison post that was on here also. I give most of my leftover yarn to the local Nursing Homes. When my stash starts to get out of hand I pack up a bunch and bring that also. The Seniors in town have started a group that crochets for the local hospital, etc. so I will probably send them yarn next time.

You could send them to the soldiers. I frequently use anysoldier.com to send out packages to the men and women in the armed forces. There are at least 2 units requesting hooks and yarn. You can go to the "where to send" link off their homepage and type in either yarn or crochet for the keyword and they will pop up.

Archived