our AZ crochet adventure

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think I was the boring one with the yarn lol I bought caron one pounder of white on sale 4.99 then rh on sale for 1.99 so got royal blue,heather grey.plum pudding in that.sewing machine needles. think someone was watching out on me for money because I forgot to grab my visa card on the way out door so man i would have gone hog wild!:lol

Lets see which trip??? The trip with the girls I only picked up 4 skeins of RH ocean for 1.99. I looked for buttons but didn't really find what I was looking for. On the way home I stopped Micheals and Joanns closer to home. At Micheals I got 2 crochet books I was looking for ( doilies and dishcloths but I forget the titles at the moment- at work so dont have with me)and 10 skiens of bernat bamboo in blue for 2.99 each . At Joann's I got 5 packages of buttons for baby outfits, totes and whatever, 2 skeins each of rh in brown, red, and yellow (to make my fireman bears), a few strands of beads for making stitch markers, and I think that was it.

Lets see which trip??? The trip with the girls I only picked up 4 skeins of RH ocean for 1.99. I looked for buttons but didn't really find what I was looking for. On the way home I stopped Micheals and Joanns closer to home. At Micheals I got 2 crochet books I was looking for ( doilies and dishcloths but I forget the titles at the moment- at work so dont have with me)and 10 skiens of bernat bamboo in blue for 2.99 each . At Joann's I got 5 packages of buttons for baby outfits, totes and whatever, 2 skeins each of rh in brown, red, and yellow (to make my fireman bears), a few strands of beads for making stitch markers, and I think that was it.

to see that you found some buttons!! I am still thinking that sometime going to have to get me some of them pacifer buttons that we saw. lol I dont know for what but you never know if you have to make ababy out fit ahaahahahahahaha

It looks like you ladies had so much fun together! I would love to get together with some other C'ville "residents" someday! If anyone is ever coming to the Texas Gulf Coast, give me a shout! I would LOVE to meet some C'villers!

Today is my last full day in Arizona. I am heading home tomorrow and I so hope that I don't have another story to tell, but then again, I am flying first class and for free.:rofl:rofl

I should be home tomorrow evening around (9:30 NY time) but I don't see myself getting right on the computer. I need DH time (but I think there may be a football game on)!!! Oh Noooooo!!!!

I am sure he will be listening to me with one ear and the game with the other

Today, I am finally getting to go to Hobby Lobby and a second bead store. I found that some of the findings I needed were more expensive than the internet, so I didn't buy them. But I did get some real nice glass and swovorksi beads and cant wait to make more notions.

Originally Posted by CrochetCatskills

Did anyone actually EAT at red lobster

I don't see any food

--------------------

OK now you all now how computer illiterate I am, that I have to put dashes instead of - oh well, whatchamecallit!

Cindy, We had a great time and no-one but no-one except the tourist languish in our AZ hot sun.

It was great meeting Janet and all the others for the first time. We did however eventually order and eat. I had a delicious stuffed sole.

Happy Crocheting!

Betty G. who is getting ready to stitch on a pilot needleproject.

Dear Janet, have a safe trip and I hope you really enjoyed our wonderful weather. It's cooling down a bit so we're happy too.

Tammy said I reminded her of her mother which is a very nice compliment. Gee I'll be 67 next month and old enough to be all of your mothers and maybe your mother's mother (LOL).

Talk to you soon and enjoy all your new purchases.

Betty G.

I was married in that AZ sun but it was October and that is the best time to go, not that hot at all.

PS same goes for Florida... let me tell you, NO LINES at Disney or Universal, it was wonderful.

Dear Janet, have a safe trip and I hope you really enjoyed our wonderful weather. It's cooling down a bit so we're happy too.

Tammy said I reminded her of her mother which is a very nice compliment. Gee I'll be 67 next month and old enough to be all of your mothers and maybe your mother's mother (LOL).

Talk to you soon and enjoy all your new purchases.

Betty G.

:lolyou arent old enough to be my mother mother:lolI really enjoyed meeting you and having a great time!You are a wonderful person!

So glad that we got the chance to meet you on this trip waiting for the next time!! still think we should have gotten a rubber chicken to throw in the engine for dallas layover

:lol Have a safe trip home!!

It still not too late! :devil I actually happen to have a rubber chicken. It is one of my dogs toys but I am sure he would be willing to sacrafice it for Janet. :devil If you see a crazy lady running down the runway carrying a rubber chicken you will know who it is.

I have to watch him because my neighbor has real chickens and he has been eyeballing them lately.:drool

Oh Tammy, my neighbors have 9 or 11 chickens (depends) and they have been driving my dogs crazy for a year and a half. I put up the leftover chain link, then reed fencing, then green tarps held down by slump blocks and my extension ladder, all to keep my two from trying to dig through the fence and bark their heads off, all to no avail. Two months ago, I let them out only, to my horror, to find that there was a chicken in my patio. Luckily, everyone (including the dogs) was stunned, and even though my boy grabbed it in his mouth, he didn't have a good enough hold to kill it. Somehow I managed to get it out of his mouth, get the dogs inside (while holding onto fur, not even collars), and then threw that #@!* thing over the fence. Their response every time I've talked to them (this wasn't the first time their chickens flew out of their backyard) is, and I literally quote the man, "If that's the way she wants to go, that's the way she wants to go." They left a dead chicken right up against my chain link fence for 2 weeks (that's when the tarps went up).

They tried to sell their organic, free range eggs out of the backyard for $3/doz. I was hoping they'd get busted for operating a business without a license.

They are completely inconsiderate. When I bought my house, the neighbors on one side were pregnant, so instead of an electric mover I bought a push mower, so it wouldn't wake the baby. And I don't even have kids! He, on the other hand, thinks nothing of coming home at 2:30 in the morning drunk and vomiting outside my open bedroom window. I am currently praying that they move, or break up and move, or have heating/cooling bills that are too much for them and move (you get the picture)...

And even if I wanted to sell my house (I own, they rent), who would buy a house next to a house full of chickens?

Oh, and a couple of months ago they added a tortoise to her hoard of animals (which includes a nasty 5-lb dog who drags the chickens around by their necks--she thinks this is cute and that they're playing--and a really loud, white tropical bird of some kind whose shrieks you can hear through the closed doors and windows). You can imagine how crazy that's making my dogs.

Sorry for the rant. Inconsiderate neighbors are the worse. I know there's a segment of the population that thinks having your own organic chickens and eggs is trendy, but it's really NOT appropriate when you live in the middle of a city of almost 1 million people. Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

Eat chicken!! Patty

I am home safe and sound, although there was an hour and a half delay in Dallas - so I was looking out the window for a crazy lady with a chicken but didn't see one!!!!

It's cold here and I am sitting at my computer with a robe on :eek It's rainy and windy. I want the hot weather -

I am going to post pics from when we had lunch and all the stuff I bought while in AZ!!! Wait to see that picture!!!!

Archived