our AZ crochet adventure

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I really do have to log off now, go take my shower , and go to bed or I will never get to work tomorrow. Thank you ladies for making today such a wonderful day!:ghug Ses you tomorrow. (You know I will be sneaking on the site at work just to check out the rest of the pictures. ) :devil

Good night all! :manyheart

OK I really do have to log off now, go take my shower , and go to bed or I will never get to work tomorrow. Thank you ladies for making today such a wonderful day!:ghug Ses you tomorrow. (You know I will be sneaking on the site at work just to check out the rest of the pictures. ) :devil

Good night all! :manyheart

Have a goodnight!! :cheerThanks so much!! Had alot of fun!!:hug

OMG - could my boobs be hanging out any more!!!!:lol:lol

But you all have to notice who had the darkest tan - yep the gal from New York!!!!

:lol thanks so much for making this possible!! Glad that crochetluvknot came and got me! What a great time!!

OMG - could my boobs be hanging out any more!!!!:lol:lol

But you all have to notice who had the darkest tan - yep the gal from New York!!!!

See I told you I would be sneaking on this morning.

Yeah Janet you had the tan becuase none of us is crazy enough to go out in this AZ sun! Thanks for making this possible. I had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see you again next year. :hug

Oh man, you girls look like you had the best time. Sometimes I think the waiters and waitresses have more fun waiting on a group like yours, than anyone else.

Everyone looks great and I can finally see what you all look like.

Isn't it funny how something like someone visiting can bring you all together.

Boy you are making me laugh this morning reading your comments.:rofl

So glad you got together and had so much fun.

Thanks for the laughs this morning girls.:clap

Oh wow, thanks for the pictures. You guys look like you had so much fun.

Great gifts too!

Did anyone actually EAT at red lobster :laughroll

I don't see any food :think

Janet your tan is amazing. You all look wonderful. It's so nice putting a face to the names.

I'm looking forward to more stories and pictures.

Cindy

CrochetCatskills

Oh man, you girls look like you had the best time. Sometimes I think the waiters and waitresses have more fun waiting on a group like yours, than anyone else.

Everyone looks great and I can finally see what you all look like.

Isn't it funny how something like someone visiting can bring you all together.

Boy you are making me laugh this morning reading your comments.:rofl

So glad you got together and had so much fun.

Thanks for the laughs this morning girls.:clap

The waiter!!:lol I said to him we all just met for the first time and said that is alright I just met you guys too for the first time:lol

OH I think anyone joining us would have been laughing it was alot of FUN!

Great gifts too!

Janet your tan is amazing. You all look wonderful. It's so nice putting a face to the names.

Cindy

CrochetCatskills

Sometime in there we finally did order and have something to eat.. think that is why there isnt any pictures of that:loltoo hard enough to eat and laugh and take a picture at the sametime.:lol

Yes we really did eat there to just to much fun was going on I thought the food was pretty good I had shrimp Janet had chicken Tammy had a really good looking soup sheila had flounder I think not sure about patty betty or fiona can't remember

Great gifts too!

Cindy

CrochetCatskills

Okay, so despite the fact all the group photos are fuzzy, we were not drinking!!! There was a lot of laughter and giggling, but I assure you, no booze! I hadn't eaten in a Red Lobster before, and my shrimp was yummy. I was eyeing Betty's flounder and that looked good, too.

It really was such a fun afternoon. I wish I had joined ya'll in the Joann's buying trip. How much yarn was rehomed after those six mad crocheters were through? Will Joann's ever be the same again?

It was like sitting and gabbing with my sisters and my mom and aunts. And, by the way, let me say that Betty is just like my mother, only without Mom's accent. I know all crocheters are special just because, but this really was so comfortable and it seemed like we'd known each other forever.

You Valley of the Sun people should get together more often. And for anyone straying south in southern Baja AZ, give me a call. There's a great local Mexican restaurant 2 blocks from my house, several yarn stores, and get this, Fiona, Tudor Rose Tea Room, owned by a genuine Brit and serving bangers and mash and PG Tips and everything. In fact, I had breakfast there in February, and it was just like being back in England because there was no heat (and my friend and I were the only Americans). She's even done haggis on a special occasion.

Will upload my photos now and see if there's anything different that I captured to spread the Crochet Joy.

Patty

Okay, here are some more.

Note Fiona's gorgeous crocheted top (who else can wear bright orange and look gorgeous?)

http:/th_IMG_0585.jpg /

Note here Janet's beautiful CroJulee shawl (and it was so soft!! Yes, she let us all pet it!)

[/url]th_IMG_0579.jpg

The next two are Shelia and Betty, and then Tammy, getting ready to go shopping.

th_IMG_0587.jpg

th_IMG_0584.jpg

We were terribly mean to poor auntbubbles and made her try to guess who was who when she first arrived.

I have some more gabbing photos; maybe I'll upload them later.

:lol she did pretty well with geuss who was who.. :lol Then poor mumbles shows up and we are sitting there laughing and gabbin and we made her try to geuss too :lol Geuss it is good thing we didnt have drinks they might have kicked us out of the place :lol

Her crochet top was so pretty and great color!

Shawl was beautiful so soft and comfortable feeling!

The more pictures I see, the more fun it looked like everyone had. Next time you will have to find a new place to meet. Red Lobster and Joann's will never be the same.

It is always fun to go shopping for yarn, but it is more fun to shop with fellow crocheters.:hook

OH Next time you will have to come and see us!!:cheer

I'm ready, willing and able(well I don't know about able), I hate driving, especially for 3 hrs.!! :eek I like been the passenger so I can crochet!! :lol

You guys look like you had a BLAST!!! That's the Red Lobster, that DH and I sometimes eat at, and JoAnns', that's the place I always have to "stop" at on our way out of Phoenix!! OMG, those businesses will never be the same!!!! :lol

I'm ready, willing and able(well I don't know about able), I hate driving, especially for 3 hrs.!! :eek I like been the passenger so I can crochet!! :lol

You guys look like you had a BLAST!!! That's the Red Lobster, that DH and I sometimes eat at, and JoAnns', that's the place I always have to "stop" at on our way out of Phoenix!! OMG, those businesses will never be the same!!!! :lol

:lolDh is more then welcome to join us or just drop you off and he can go do something else!:lol

Yeah it REALLY was a blast - and we're gonna do a pyjama party next!!!!!

( although probably NOT at red lobster!!LOL:lol)

Patty- tea shop...bangers and mash ......I will DEFINATELY call you if I get to Tucson !!! spoke to mum today and she has some Tetley on her shopping list next time she goes shopping!!...so it wont be long!!

Brilliant day out !!! and wonderful new friends!!

Fiona:cheer:clap:cheer

Archived