Opinions - Too Scary for a Baby's Room?

Okay - I'm going to be a grandmother in January - my son and his girlfriend are expecting. (That's not the scary part). The expectant mom says that she was thinking of decorating the baby's room with a jungle theme (still not the scary part).

I was happy to hear that they would do a jungle theme, as I downloaded a pattern that I would love to make for the baby's room. It's a pillow shaped like a giraffe's head. (This is the scary part!) Would a disembodied head be too weird for a baby's room? On one hand, I think it is adorable and am anxious to make this. On the other hand, a "head" sitting by itself on a chair or something sounds creepy.:scared

I love giraffes, and would even like to have this for myself, believe it or not. I would keep it in my cubicle at work. The pattern is by Cynthia Harris and I think it's cute as a button. It might be possible to turn this into a "ride-on" toy - you know the "horse on a mop-handle" type of toy. I was just wondering whether or not it would be suitable on its own for a baby's room.

I guess I'll be making this to see how it looks when finished.

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?parent_cat_id=2&usage=&criteria=giraffe

Yes, I agree with you. Having a giraffe head just sitting there like that is kind of creepy. I do think that the giraffe head like that would make an excellent toy as you stated as well, like the horse head on a stick thing. A giraffe ride on toy would be something unique and special, not just for the unordinary nature of it but because grandma made it! :hook

I don't think it's creepy at all.

There are tons of pillows out there like that. We have Darth Vader one that we love.

There are Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet heads that are pretty cute. So I don't see any difference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pillow-Fun-with-Pooh-Friends-Crochet-Pattern-Book_W0QQitemZ290139714060QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Bottom line is a newborn won't care one way or the other and by the time she/he is old enough to care, she/he won't because they'll be lovin on the pillow.

:)

I don't think it's creepy at all.

There are tons of pillows out there like that. We have Darth Vader one that we love.

There are Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet heads that are pretty cute. So I don't see any difference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pillow-Fun-with-Pooh-Friends-Crochet-Pattern-Book_W0QQitemZ290139714060QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Bottom line is a newborn won't care one way or the other and by the time she/he is old enough to care, she/he won't because they'll be lovin on the pillow.

:)

Thanks! I've never seen the Pooh pillows. You are right!

Creepy and scary are adult concepts, we teach them to our children. I think the pillow is super-cute and I'm sure the little one would love it!

At first I thought you meant there was a set of pillows: one being the head, then a leg, maybe another leg .. a read-end, all in seperate pieces YES that definately would've been creepy have giraffe body parts all over the room. After reading all the replies, a giraffe head would be cute by itself, perfect for tucking into bed with a little one. Have fun, Fran

Archived