Pagan's New Piglet Sweater

jennawing

One of my Rat Terrier Pagan's many nicknames is 'Piglet' because of her over-fondness for food. I had wanted to find her a sweater like Piglet's for the longest- and even tried to talk a couple people I knew who knit into making her one. Well, recently I took up crocheting and this is the first thing I have made I wanted to show anyone- Pagan's own Piglet sweater!!!

pigletcoat.jpg

Of course I had to add dainty flower buttons just cause she's such a sweetheart like that!

Thanks so much for the compliments on my pup and my work! I did make a test coat first to get comfortable with the pattern and to see how a size small would fit her- too BIG! So, on the real run I went strictly by her chest measurement and then added length to the sweater later so I could decrease it a bit so it wouldn't be so baggy around the middle. I played around with some different stitches for fun accents. So much fun making doggy coats! Thanks again!!!

Awesome work! Too cute in that pink color:c9 What pattern did you use? Was it for a beginner? I just love the idea of the buttons. Keep up the great job :hook

Thank you! This is the pattern I started with- http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss41_dots_dog_coat.html and made some changes to it- mainly turning it into a cardigan/pullover so it is easier to get on and off and could get a better fit for my oddly shaped doggie. I COULD try my hand at writing out the pattern with the changes I made, though considering I have only been crocheting since the end of July, you would have to be patient with me! :yes

Archived