Fox's Heart of a Hippie - testers found

SmoothFox

UPDATE: TESTING COMPLETE Thank you to all the testers!!!!!!!!!!

I created this new heart pattern. It's solid. I really like the wild looking yarn I used but I also tried it with basic one color yarn and it's very pretty. It's a cross between my Pretty in Pink square and my Heart of a Child square. Reminds me of the tie dye hippie days when done in this color. At this point I think I'll call it Heart of a Hippie LOL. This may change with input from the testers.

The top picture is without the border, the bottom is with the border.

2864053952_e7efe5ff55_m.jpg

2863221527_28c767ddf9_m.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice. Trouble is I don't know the actual yarn brand name or color for the heart portion of the square I used, as the wrapper was missing. {UPDATE: Yarn is Red Heart Stratta and the color is POGO}

I'm only going to let a couple of people test the pattern. I'll also be posting another square that looks very similar to this one but has a different border and a few changes around the heart.

Email's to my SmoothFoxLover at yahoo dot com email address. Be sure to give me your screen name here.

Donna

Trouble is I don't know the actual yarn brand name or color for the heart portion of the square I used, as the wrapper was missing. I need to go back to the store I think I got the yarn at and hope they still make it. Bought the yarn a year ago.

It's Red Heart Strata. It's actually a striping yarn. Walmart sells it. Sorry, I don't know the name of the colorway offhand, but if I see it tomorrow when I go to WM I will edit this post...

EDIT: I actually have a skein of it here. The color name is "Pogo"

AWESOME!!! Thanks for knowing the yarn information.

I need to go get more of this yarn.

See.... C'ville people KNOW their stuff LOL.

Donna

It's Red Heart Strata. It's actually a striping yarn. Walmart sells it. Sorry, I don't know the name of the colorway offhand, but if I see it tomorrow when I go to WM I will edit this post...

EDIT: I actually have a skein of it here. The color name is "Pogo"

I went and bought more of the actual yarn used in the picture.

It is a stripping yarn. I assume it is different than a varigated yarn.

You can do it solid if you want. The heart is solid and works great with solid color yarns. Varigated usually has some white in it and may not look good. The stripping yarn had no white so it looked great.

As mentioned above, the yarn is Red Heart Strata and is called POGO.

Donna

Woo Hoo! I can't wait to test this pattern for you. Do you want us to use the same colorway or just any verigated/striping yarn? Just wanted to make sure before I got started.

I went and bought more of the actual yarn used in the picture.

It is a stripping yarn. I assume it is different than a varigated yarn.

You can do it solid if you want. The heart is solid and works great with solid color yarns. Varigated usually has some white in it and may not look good. The stripping yarn had no white so it looked great.

As mentioned above, the yarn is Red Heart Strata and is called POGO.

Donna

It's just my opinion, but I think if they use a bright variegated black would look good as the background. Brights really "pop" against black. I think it would look awesome, Again... just my opinion...

AWESOME!!! Thanks for knowing the yarn information.

I need to go get more of this yarn.

See.... C'ville people KNOW their stuff LOL.

Donna

No problem. It's one of my favorite colorways for making kids scarves & hats for charity :hook

If my eyes were better I'd love to try it with a dark color and bright heart. My problem is I'm almost blind and just working with a hook smaller than a K kills me LOL. I can't do dark colors at all and that also is disheartening. I can't see the stitches.

Oh to be young again!

Donna

It's just my opinion, but I think if they use a bright variegated black would look good as the background. Brights really "pop" against black. I think it would look awesome, Again... just my opinion...

Archived